Honored Contributor

Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest (April 2024)

hello all

finally got on today. it was a killer, would not let me log in. even chrome is having major problems logging into the Q formum site.

have the windows open. nice day. 

I hung out side today hope all dries.

not much else. later guys

Honored Contributor

Well that was easy.  Fedex delivered the dryer switch at 10:20 am.  I was at my sisters house by 10:45 am, started the dryer repair 5 minutes later and was done by 11:15 am.  To be honest the round trip to and from took longer than replacing the switch.  My sister has a crazy set up.  When she bought the house there were concrete pads (I think) on the floor and the washer sat on one side of the double utility tub and the dryer sat on the other side of the utility tub.  For the most part not a big deal until you have to open up the dryer in particular.  Lifting the top/lid of the dryer all the way up is not possible because you run into the dryer exhaust vent which I can't easily disconnect from the bottom of the machine because of how tight everything is against the wall.  It's like I would have to crawl under the utility tub.

I found that out the hard way last fall when I replaced her dryer belt.  I cut myself, swore like a drunken longshoreman and made the saints head hurt.  Heck I think I even invoked my dead father.

This time I went with wood blocks to prop up the lid as far as it would go.  She's happy to be up and running and that's all that matters.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I swear if you ever need some extra income, you could hire out as a handywoman because you are awesome!  And that's not a word I use lightly.

Re the eclipse, I was in the "path of totality" and it got totally dark for several minutes.  Going in and coming out of it wasn't like normal dusk or dawn, more like if you have a summer storm coming and the sky turns that threatening green-like color before it gets bad.

People were here from all over other states and even other countries.  Scientific agencies gathering information.  Cities had all sorts of activities for people to participate in.  The meteorologists were going crazy with delight and are still carrying on about it.  But most of those from other places seemed to take off right after the event to avoid the three days of rain we're supposed to get and are in the middle of right now.

I swear if you were a spiritual or religious person you would have believed it was a sign.  The night before it rained.  We woke up to party cloudy skies.  Shortly before the eclipse was due to start, the clouds literally parted in each area of the state as the sun/moon came through.  Then almost immediately afterwards it started to cloud up again.  The rain started about dinner time.  But I was almost looking for Charlton Heston because those clouds parted just like the Red Sea.

I have to admit it was very cool.  Literally.  Temperatures dropped, crickets chirped and the birds went quiet.  For a few short minutes in the middle of day it was completely dark.  And then there was light...

Trusted Contributor

Wow,got the windows and doors to the deck opened today. It is a lovely 80 deg. Outside today! 
washed down the tile around the fireplace,and got my throw rugs out on the deck to dry.plus cleaned,my kitchen throughly. Making lasagna for dinner tonight since I have all that sauce I made yesterday. Hope you all are having a good day!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

RFI - Charlton Heston est mort

You're very welcome. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Good one!

🤣

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

My pleasure! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

It was 77 degrees & my lawn guy came here today. He mowed some areas, weed wacked the curb grass & against the house, & removed grass seed netting that the builder had put down last year or b4. What he didn't do was weed wack 8' of curb grass bc there are 2 lines that look like the lot line.

Since I'm type-A, I had a choice of using my new

e-weed wacker on the undone curb grass or use a hand shears. I had taken the parts & directions on my weed wacker out of the box last night & charged the battery. But, I was missing confidence.

The parts & directions are still sitting on my kitchen floor. I spent over an hour using the little hand shears on the section of curb grass, & then came in and took a 2nd shower.

Honored Contributor

50+ Best Wednesday Blessings pictures for free Download

Honored Contributor

Good morning
Looks like it may rain today, so maybe that will keep me inside and I will complete my cleaning, which I only did part of yesterday, lol. I much prefer to be outdoors than inside, cleaning, but it has to get done.
I need to stop at the store at some point today, again, seems I just was there and I don't normally go more than once a week, obviously I am off my normal routine with that.
I might meet my daughter for lunch if her schedule allows, and of course a walk in the park with Luther, if the rain allows it.
Hope you have a nice day.

"To each their own, in all things".