Honored Contributor

Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest (April 2024)

Good Morning Happy Tuesday with Beautiful Bird Image

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

allergies are miserable today=even on daily allergy pills.

did get morn walk in

hung out clothes. good breeze

cooler today so not like a blast furnace as it was yesterday.

ok that is about all for now.later all

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
Good morning, I'm taking my across-the-street neighbor to the city about an hour away for a doctor's appointment this morning. He's no longer comfortable driving in the city, so he asked me if I would take him. I am guessing that I will have time while he is there, to go to Home Depot to get a couple of things I've been putting off for a while.
Kind of shocking how expensive getting these trees taken down and stumps ground out has gotten. But, I certainly can't do it myself, so I have no choice, I'm just hoping it doesn't take too long for him to get to me on his list.
Have a great day!

@Snicks1   Here, is is around $2,000 for every tree taken down, shocking is right!  I used to be able to have all of my many huge trees pruned for that amount.  I was quoted almost $3,000 per day and told the men will do anything I ask, did not call that company back, but will be calling several soon.  I know it will take about ten days for the work, maybe more.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl, wow! is all I can say about that price. That is even higher than here. This guy gave me a "bit of a break", of about $500.00, which I appreciate, but it's still more than twice from the last time he did work for me.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Catching up on thread again before I create the new post for May.

@Snicks1  Twenty years ago my city took down all of the ash trees that lined the street.  Emerald Ash Borers got into some of them and even though my tree was perfectly fine, the city said it was preventive.  Because the city had planted them on the area/berm between the sidewalk and the street they had the right to take them down.  I gotta tell you, the street was so beautiful with the canopy of magnificent trees when I bought the house and then 3 years later the street looked nekkid.

Residents had the option of picking out and paying for trees from a list that the city would plant and I didn't bother.  I had a honkin silver maple in my front yard and I didn't want to get attached to a new tree that the city could cut down on  a whim.

Flash forward 20 years later and those who planted trees to replace the ash have trees that the city prunes the life out of.  None of the post 2004 have the presence or grandeur of those old ash trees.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

In memory of Winifred Heart I have this to say about the recent temperatures (upper 70's and low 80's) in Michigan.

It ain't natural Woman Very Happy

Freddie used to crack up every time I would write that about Michigan weather.

Honored Contributor

The May Bird's Nest is ready

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/May-Flowers-and-New-Life-at-the-Bird-s-Nest-May-2024/m-p/...