Respected Contributor

Re: April Showers at the Bird's Nest (April 2024)

[ Edited ]

My yard guy was supposed to put stones I ordered onto places in my yard today. I ordered for delivery to coincide with the day he picked - today, Thursday. He cancelled this morning & said he couldn't make it until next Friday. 12 boxes of pebble stones arrived Tuesday in my driveway, 6" from my garage door. I couldn't get my car out, worried about rain, & didn't want the HOA or neighbors to frown on the 12 boxes.

So today, I opened the 12 boxes & bags and moved 500 lbs. of pebble stones myself. I used a 2-quart pot that 1 of my plants was delivered in, and I made 60 trips from my garage door in front of my house to the back & to the side of my house to place the stones.

After that, I had to tear down the 12 boxes in order to fit them in the recycle container. I poured buckets of water on them in the driveway to try & soften the cardboard; it would've worked better if there wasn't so much tape on the boxes due to the weight of the stones.

I can say a couple things: 1) no more projects for this lawn guy here, 2) what a ton of work - Ugh, & 3) if I can still stand up tomorrow, I'll check my work & send pics to a BFF.

I'm done with landscaping this year. 

Honored Contributor

I had another "heart episode" last night, about this time of day, for no reason that I can think of, I was just sitting in my recliner for about 30 minutes or so when it happened. So, today I called the cardiologist's office (they told me to call them if or when I had more of these), so I did. Finally, late today they called me back and I have to go in the morning to get hooked up to another Holter monitor to wear for 2 weeks this time around (this is my 3rd round of wearing these things). So today I took Luther with me to run a couple of errands (left him in the car), and then we went to the park for a shortened version of our daily walk. Also, late today, the landscapers brought me their estimate for the work I want done on the old pool area. It's a bit more than I had hoped for, but I guess it's not that much higher, so it's on, for a week, maybe two, from now.
Hope everyone has a good evening.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Solve Good Morning - Happy Friday! jigsaw puzzle online with 70 pieces

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 

Keep us updated! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

hello all
Snicks 1  hope all goes well with holter moniter. wore them myself back in the 1980's, would have strange episodes. wear those moniters and nothing would show up, did this several times. till finally something did show up on the moniter, put on new medication which did what is suppose to do, have not had a problem for many years.

weather is a sunny super soaker but don't wear swimsuits  yet. it is downright chilly today with brilliant sunshine.

got morn walk in

did hang out, hope all dries. wind is out of nor'east so it is damp chilly wind. ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   Wow, that was alot of work to move all of those stones.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1  I understand why you are doing it however you are working your body too hard.  Before you say but Bernie I relaxed and didn't overdo on the day my heart episode happened.  Yea, that's true but what about the consecutive days in a row that you drove yourself to get so much done. 

I know it's not easy... you have to pace yourself Snicks.  We and Luther love you and want you to be around.

Honored Contributor

I mowed the front yard for the first time on Monday and was really looking forward to rain that was forecast on Tuesday.  Didn't get the rain on Tuesday but did get a frost and lots of heavy dew on Wednesday morning so I put on a hat and winter coat (I get cold) and applied the Sta-Green weed and feed to the front yard with my broadcast spreader.  Glad I don't have asthma or COPD or I would have been choking -that stuff stinks.

I will gut my backyard for the first time this weekend - looks like Sunday will be dry and warm. I expect to have lots of lawn waste for the garbage guys after I do the back - man that grass grows faster and taller than the front yard.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snicks1 wrote:
I had another "heart episode" last night, about this time of day, for no reason that I can think of, I was just sitting in my recliner for about 30 minutes or so when it happened. So, today I called the cardiologist's office (they told me to call them if or when I had more of these), so I did. Finally, late today they called me back and I have to go in the morning to get hooked up to another Holter monitor to wear for 2 weeks this time around (this is my 3rd round of wearing these things). So today I took Luther with me to run a couple of errands (left him in the car), and then we went to the park for a shortened version of our daily walk. Also, late today, the landscapers brought me their estimate for the work I want done on the old pool area. It's a bit more than I had hoped for, but I guess it's not that much higher, so it's on, for a week, maybe two, from now.
Hope everyone has a good evening.

@Snicks1   Over ten years ago, I woke up with a racing heart.  I have been on Flecainide since then.  Lately, I have been having palpitations, caused by too much Ibuprofen no longer can use it, I used over a month ago.  I upped the med to one more pill a day, which I am allowed, and have been doing well except some palpitations periodically, but this time, they don't last for long.

I will be having an echocardiogram in early June, so I will see what is up, maybe.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

My yard guy was supposed to put stones I ordered onto places in my yard today. I ordered for delivery to coincide with the day he picked - today, Thursday. He cancelled this morning & said he couldn't make it until next Friday. 12 boxes of pebble stones arrived Tuesday in my driveway, 6" from my garage door. I couldn't get my car out, worried about rain, & didn't want the HOA or neighbors to frown on the 12 boxes.

So today, I opened the 12 boxes & bags and moved 500 lbs. of pebble stones myself. I used a 2-quart pot that 1 of my plants was delivered in, and I made 60 trips from my garage door in front of my house to the back & to the side of my house to place the stones.

After that, I had to tear down the 12 boxes in order to fit them in the recycle container. I poured buckets of water on them in the driveway to try & soften the cardboard; it would've worked better if there wasn't so much tape on the boxes due to the weight of the stones.

I can say a couple things: 1) no more projects for this lawn guy here, 2) what a ton of work - Ugh, & 3) if I can still stand up tomorrow, I'll check my work & send pics to a BFF.

I'm done with landscaping this year. 

@Desert Lily   At my previous home, a huge load of rocks were dumped in the driveway.  I shoveled them into a wheelbarrow and drove it a long distance to a side yard in the new path.  I can't remember how many hours it took.

I used to be a workhorse until several falls during the last years, so now have to take it easy and do things gradually.