Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone watch?

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

ASMR youtube videos?

I just started watching them recently.

and this is what?

ASMR stands for Autonomous SensoryMeridan Response.  Although there's a long technical bunch of information about ASMR on Wikipedia, this article might be more direct for understanding the effect and techniques.:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/17/youtube-asmr-videos-what-are.html

Ever watch someone get a massage and find yourself sleepy and relaxed? Take it one step further and if you get tingles and chills while viewing such a n activity, live or video, as if the hands were actually doing the physical touch to you, you have experienced ASMR.

Some people are triggered by just voice suggestions or sounds like  a hairbrush, some people enjoy the effect more visually and some are not affected and find no benefit or enjoyment of ASMR videos.

YouTube is replete with choices. It's sensual, but not particualrly sexual; nothing R or X rated. By far, most people are fully clothed or certainly covered up. Often they are sitting in ordinary chairs or massage chairs.  It's just viewing someone else trying to induce vicarious relaxation and possibly tingles in you thru suggestion and triggers.

I occasionally watch an ASMR foot or head massage video on YouTube for sleep help. I've been doing that for a couple of years. If I find one that works really well, I save it and re-watch for relaxation. I've never experienced the tingles and chills or "scalp crawl" effect of real ASMR, but it is quite relaxing.

I'd consider it something useful for a momentary peace of mind and ease of body; not something I'd invite a friend to experience with me.

Hope that helps people to understand it. Try it? You might like it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch?

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal  Thanks

IMO that's why some of the vendors overly touch sheets etc on home shopping channels to elicit that tingle. I noticed this with the Price is Right years ago, but I didn't know what it was.

Honored Contributor

AMSR?  What is that?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

AMSR?  What is that?

gizmogal just defined it below

ASMR

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want a massage nor would I want to watch one. 

Honored Contributor

have never heard of it before.

probably not something that interests me at this point.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Have never watched and may never.  Not  certain I'm truly interested.