Honored Contributor

I thought I was the only one!

That had the whitest pasty legs!  I never realized that Mary Beth was so pale.  I guess you dont realize that because of the facial makeup.  Welcome Mary Beth to my pale white leg club!  Anyone one else want to join?Woman LOL

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Re: I thought I was the only one!

@Imaoldhippie   I'm definitely a member of this group.  Very fair skinned and freckled.  I get sunburn easily so I'm always covered up.  

Luckily I love the heat of the hottest days so being slathered in sunblock, long sleeves, etc. doesn't bother me at all.

Summer is my favorite season--the hotter the better and even humidity does not bother me.

Honored Contributor

That's why leggings have become so popular.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi  Other than when I'm at the beach I wear pantyhose--even under slacks and jeans, even on the hottest days.

Respected Contributor

a couple of years ago i even gave up on the self tanners on my legs.  it was SO HARD getting used to seeing the white, pasty legs ... but eventually i became used to it.  i must admit that no one ever ran up to me chastising me for my white legs (LOL).   it's so much easier now, not having to even think about how my legs look.  they look the same year round! 

Trusted Contributor

I’m a 3rd grade teacher and wear dresses and skirts to work.  One day, a female student came up to me and said, “Mrs. Y., you have really white legs!”  I was wearing pantyhose!!!! Apparently, they weren’t a dark enough shade. So, @Imaoldhippie, you are definitely not alone.

Honored Contributor

I don't flight it.  It is what it is.  😄

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fancy pantsy wrote:

a couple of years ago i even gave up on the self tanners on my legs.  it was SO HARD getting used to seeing the white, pasty legs ... but eventually i became used to it.  i must admit that no one ever ran up to me chastising me for my white legs (LOL).   it's so much easier now, not having to even think about how my legs look.  they look the same year round! 

Nobody has ever chastised me for my Casper-like legs either -- but a friend of mine had it happen.  She lives in FL and was out running one day when a car full of young guys passed her and one of them screamed out the window -- "Hey lady -- get some sun!!!!"  She thought it was hilarious and loves telling the story.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

That had the whitest pasty legs!  I never realized that Mary Beth was so pale.  I guess you dont realize that because of the facial makeup.  Welcome Mary Beth to my pale white leg club!  Anyone one else want to join?Woman LOL

REALLY @Imaoldhippie?

Join your "club", where white skin is the only requirement for membership?

Have you taken a moment to consider how that reads to someone who's legs aren't so white?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge  I took @Imaoldhippie as using self depracating humor--no harm or insult intended/aimed at anyone else of any hue.  And that is the vein in which I, and others I think, have replied.  

There is a pun that comes to mind but I won't use it.  Might stir up more unintended results.

Best to you for a wonderful 2019 filled with love and laughter.