Trusted Contributor
Hello everyone, today I'm having a test done to see if Cancer Cells have moved and I'm so scared about this and the fact I will be put under. It will be Breathing Tube and all.I haven't had this done before so I'm not really sleeping and it's like 5:42 am now. Any advice will be so appreciated. Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

Prayers that you can relax and all will go well.

Regular Contributor

prayers for you

Esteemed Contributor

I wish you the best of luck. As a two-time cancer survivor, I know the anxiety can become overwhelming before tests. You're being pro-active, which is so important. It takes courage to hear your doctor say you need to have certain tests and march right in for them despite the fear. Please let us know how you're doing. Good luck, buena suerte, & bonne chance. 

Honored Contributor

@kitty4me, Please try and turn the scary thoughts around to positive ones. Stress is hard on the body. I haven't been through what you will be doing, and I wish you the best. I'll be thinking and sending up prayers for a good outcome for you. Be FOR you with a good outcome and try to not think the worst. I know it's easier said than done, but I think for your own nerves, it'll help you have more peace of mind to get through all this, whatever the outcome. Wishing you all the best for a wonderful outcome.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers for you, hope everything goes very smoothly.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers and Blessings to you. 

Respected Contributor

Good luck today.  I don't think they will put you "under" that much.  They just give you enough to relax the body so they can insert the tube.  Something like a colonoscopy.  After it's over you should be wide awake without many lingering effects.  But, let me add that I never had the procedure this is what I have heard from other people. 

Let us know how you make out. 

Trusted Contributor

@kitty4me  ...sending you good thoughts, during your stressful test.

Respected Contributor

@kitty4me wrote:
Hello everyone, today I'm having a test done to see if Cancer Cells have moved and I'm so scared about this and the fact I will be put under. It will be Breathing Tube and all.I haven't had this done before so I'm not really sleeping and it's like 5:42 am now. Any advice will be so appreciated. Thanks!

I'm a breast cancer survivor.  I think the scariest times were when I was waiting for news.  Take care and try to plan something fun to do after the test is over!  HUGS!!!!!