Esteemed Contributor

Adding one more comment. Whenever I see something I need or want or whenever I see something offered by  a shopping channel I use Amazon for their reviews... best around.  Never buy anything without looking first. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

I love it. Free shipping. Works with an Alexa. There's also books, but I have not tried that yet.  Amazon Prime Video, free with tons of movies and series to watch. There is also Prime Music for free. Amazon Fresh food delivery. Whole Foods food delivery. Fast, fast, fast product delivery. Very good customer service reps. Was so important to have in the pandemic. Great deals on Prime Day and before the holidays. 

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 Nope. I always make sure I order the minimum $25 and always get free shipping anyhow. I think it's pretty silly to pay $100 when you can already have free shipping. Just make sure you wait until you have the minimum, which is pretty easy to do.

Respected Contributor

On February 18, 2022, price increases for Prime membership plans went into effect. 

The price of the monthly Prime membership increased to $14.99/month   and the price of the annual Prime membership increased to $139/year ..plus tax. Mine just renewed for $148.38 

Prime Video membership is $8.99 per month

Honored Contributor

Yea to the highest degree from a Prime member of 12 years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had Prime for many years and have always been pleased with it.

One thing that I like is that, also having their credit card, the rewards I get on my card throughout the year for purchases is more than the cost of Prime, so that makes it not hurt so bad to pay once a year.

I remember when it was $79 a year and even had one promo for $59, years ago.   I kind of hate when it goes up and am pretty sure there will be a limit for me.   

Geez, when you think about the # of people who have Prime and then contemplate even a $10 a year raise in price, it amounts of zillions of dollars more coming in for them.   I hope they stop having increases for a while.   We all probably have our limit at some point.

(Well, approximately zillions Smiley Very Happy)

I think that as long as there are people out there cheating by letting others use their account inappropriately the rest of us will continue having to pay more and more.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had Amazon prime for 2 yrs and I love it ! My daughter has been a prime member for several yrs, loves it and she encouraged me to get it and I really like it. I get my orders usually within 3 days, free delivery. I have only had to return 1 or 2 items and I take them to a Kohls store 5 mins from my home and no issues there either.  I also have Alexa and she announces that my delivery has been made.I have Amazon smile so with my purchases Amazon makes a donation to my church

Esteemed Contributor

I've had Amazon Prime for 15 years and couldn't be without it.  Live in a rural area without any Big Box stores ( except WM, Lowes and Home Depot).  Sometimes order daily ( today it was Chili Crisp sauce, recommended on CBS Morning Show) and we have numerous Fire tablets and Echoes.  Definitely use Prime Video, Kindle books, Prime Music etc.  They even make deliveries on Sundays (USPS says that Amazon is the ONLY THING THEY DELIVER ON SUNDAYS).  Sold my Amazon stock when I retired; bad mistake!!!

Respected Contributor

There's a thief on the boards who brags about the ten+ relatives or

whomever she wants to use her Amazon Prime account. I said something about it so she accused me of keeping info about people from years ago. What?

Anyway, she deflected her stealing by jabbering about why Amazon Prime doesn't deserve being paid. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 We have it and for us prime shipping alone is well worth it.  We order nearly everything rather than going to stores to get toothpaste, shampoo, often tp and paper towels, over the counter medicine, etc.  Also, clothing items cleaning supplies, winter salt and shovels.  Then there are canned goods and food items.  We have never used Amazon music but there is that also.  My SO buys books and streamssome tv and movies.  I hardly ever have to pay for a kindle book as most are free reading.  For us it is worth it.

Same here...we've had Prime since the beginning and I don't know what I would do without it!

We also purchase all sorts of items...things I wouldn't have the patience for to go hunting for it in a B&M store. 

Just a few days ago for example, I wanted to purchase an 8" x 10" modern silver frame in a mat finish.  I went to Michaels, Home Goods & Home Sense then I gave up....found it right away on Amazon!