Honored Contributor

It's worth it for me.  Yes, I like the 2 day shipping for that's not only why I have Prime.  I like the music, the moves, the tv programming, Amazon Fresh grocery delivery, buying books and having them on my Kindle in a couple of minutes.  And then there are the milions of items available to me with few key strokes.  

Super Contributor

I use amazon prime frequently.   I also watch movies and some of the shows.   I work full time, and care for my mom so I have little time for running errands so I order specialty items on amazon.  I order items for the grand kids birthdays, stocking stuffers, specialty food items etc...  

Esteemed Contributor

It is worth every penny! I use Amazon Prime for most of my household, personal, groceries and other items. The subscribe & save options is nice because you don't have to worry about running out of essentials and you get a discount, as long as you keep your subscription. Living in the Seattle suburbs, I am able to receive same day delivery on many items which is a HUGE plus.The amount I SAVE in shipping per year is astounding. The other perks are worth it as well. Amazon Prime Video is included or can be purchased separately, and is worth checking out if you have a tablet, phone, TV etc. I love it and think you wil too😊.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I live in a small town , where Walmart is the main shopping source. Amazon Prime has been so helpful, they have everything and I can have it in 2 days or less, I love it ! ❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

We've had prime for years.  We got wehn they first offered it. Absolutely worth it.  Everything we order, it arrives with in two days at the most.  Any electronics sometimes arrives the next day.  Not only do I have Prime, but I have Fresh.  I  do all my grocery shopping online.  You pick the day you want it delivered and the delivery is free.  Not a fan of Amazon TV & movies so far though. Netflix it's not.  But Amazon just started it.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

Best money I spend every year.  Worth it for the savings in shipping and gas, and time trudging around through stores looking for something that I'll never find.

I also find more to watch on Prime Video than I do on Netflix.  I just finished watching the first two seasons of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.  Best show I've seen in quite a while.

I also love the Amazon music app.  Most things I listen to are free.  And I enjoy it much more that Sirius Radio.  It will also link to music CD's you've purchased through Amazon, so everything is right there.

Just wondering why you can't stream?  You can use an app that is on a TV, or your cable box, or DVR.  We stream in our sunroom through a Roku....only need internet for that.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

It is worth to me, but I don't know your needs so it just depends on what use you would have out of it.  

I imagine you can go onto the site and see what the benefits of Prime are and that would tell you if it's worth it to you.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

We have had Prime since nearly the beginning but are seriously contemplating not renewing this year.  We live in a town with an Amazon warehouse just a few miles away (I understand they can not carry everything in the warehouse) but...

Lately the shipping has not been as good as it once was.  Originally, it arrived within two days of placing the order.  Now they say the two days shipping really applies within 2 days of when they actually ship it - not when it it ordered.  Also, the promised date changes to be later.  The promise date on the item order screen may say "if you order within 3 hours and 48 minutes you will receive it by ____" but once the order has posted they might add several days to a week.  Even if I receive notice it is out for delivery, it may not come and gets rescheduled for a later day.   

We do not use any other aspects of Prime - no music, streaming videos, games, storage, not pantry, whole foods, etc.  We would never want Alexis in our home.  We would never let them in our home or car to deliver.  So, good shipping is the key feature why we subscribe and we are not getting it on a regular basis.  We even have a warehouse just a few miles away and rarely get anything next day and never same day.  The items delivered by Amazon themselves are often the latest to get here.  Since the price went up, our shipping has frequently been worse.  And, most of what we order is over $35 anyway and if not, could be - so we would get free shipping over $35 without Prime.  We may drop it in January at renewal time.

Just another experience and view point. 
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Trusted Contributor

We have found it to be very much worth it. Before we had it, we would always be trying to get the minimum ordered so we didn't have to pay shipping. Took so much time. We order quite a bit and it's here quick.

Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 I originally got this primarily for Xmas gifts.Free shipping plus I can get each persons gifts in one box. I order through the year. I like the movies and series. We had to get a Fire Stick for the movies.