Honored Contributor

Re: All In All Not a Good Weekend

Thanks for all the good wishes.  I will be off to see my doctor shortly. I feel better today as far as the swallowing.  I think it may have been one of the meds and did not take it last night.  I think if it were a so-called "pocket of fluid" you would want to be able to cough and break it up and not suppress it like the medication stated.  I don't know ... I'm just very confused.  I wish I had someone to take me today.  I'm not that far away but I just feel tired and weak.  Wish instead of playing a guessing game I could just go have the CT scan.  Why they could not read the x-rays well is beyond me.  The tech said I was too thin so they could not get a good reading.  Never heard of such a thing.  So much going on.  I feel like throwing in the towel, so to speak,  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Thanks for all the good wishes.  I will be off to see my doctor shortly. I feel better today as far as the swallowing.  I think it may have been one of the meds and did not take it last night.  I think if it were a so-called "pocket of fluid" you would want to be able to cough and break it up and not suppress it like the medication stated.  I don't know ... I'm just very confused.  I wish I had someone to take me today.  I'm not that far away but I just feel tired and weak.  Wish instead of playing a guessing game I could just go have the CT scan.  Why they could not read the x-rays well is beyond me.  The tech said I was too thin so they could not get a good reading.  Never heard of such a thing.  So much going on.  I feel like throwing in the towel, so to speak,  

That is simply not true, @rms1954. Believe me, I am not proud to say I'm about as thin as they come. I have never had any problems with x-rays. Now, I do have problems getting a good blood pressure reading. They have to find a tiny cuff.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

"I think if it were a so-called "pocket of fluid" you would want to be able to cough and break it up and not suppress it like the medication stated".

@rms1954 

The above is one of the main purposes of using a Spirometer. After most major surgeries these are given to a patient to help clear their lungs. I use mine regularly to try to maintain my high level of lung function and strength.

Never throw in the towel! Sometimes just saying that is a negative for recovering from even some minor medical issues.

Hoping all goes/went well at your doctors appointment.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@rms1954   Definitely not a great weekend for you and your daughter. I hope you're feeling better soon and get a good report when you return to the hospital or your doctor.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hope your doctor visit went well & you have more information on your lung issue.

Meant to ask before but I hope they tested you for Covid? A friend of ours had a miserable cough hanging on. Went to doctor & got antibiotics. Still suffering went to ER & tested positive for Covid.

Hope you are doing better!