Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: All In All Not a Good Weekend

@rms1954 

Definitely not a good weekend!   Am glad you sought treatment and have medication to help you start feeling better.   Doc in a Box setups are great for quick attention needs, but I hope you will contact your doctors office very soon for follow up.  I absolutely would not give it 3-4 weeks, unless your regular provider agrees with that once he has seen you.    

I am very glad your daughter is okay after such a scary accident!   I do hope she was checked out medically afterwards.   My brother walked away from a serious accident like this as a teenager, then found out 50 years later that he actually broke 2 vertebrae in his neck.   Trucks can be fixed, or replaced, which is why we carry insurance in the first place.  

Best wishes to you.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954, thank goodness your daughter is okay, and I hope the same for you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

They can see a pocket or "something on my lung so I was told to start off with the antibiotics to see if it clears up ... or it could be lung cancer or something else.  Great.  I have to give it 3/4 weeks. In the meantime ....

@rms1954 

Been there with different types of pneumonia and kidneys, in the same time frame. You "may have pneumonia"?  No way I would take that for an answer. What exactly did they do to come up with you "may have"? 

CAT Scan/Ultrasound?  "Something on your lung/it could be cancer"? What kind of doctors were there at this place? Throw out the word cancer with "could be", and then give you antibiotics and then say "wait 3 or 4 weeks"?

Did they even give you a Spirometer? They do that with about even a slight chance of a build up in the lungs. I was in the hospital a little over a week ago with a cracked rib, which in turn, punctured my lung. They saw all that on an Xray. 1 of the first things they gave me was a Spirometer, of which I now have a half dozen.

Me? I would be seeing a Respiratory and/or a Pulmonologist. If you are satisfied?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954  I'm sorry, and hope your daughter is okay!  
 I hope you're feeling better soon,Sending prayers!

🙏🏼  🛻 🩺 🔬

Honored Contributor

@rms1954  Does sound like a bad day.  I hope you feel better and your lung condition gets better❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

All they did was an X-ray, twice.  Didn't sleep all night.  Felt like I had really bad indigestion. It hurt all day.  Could not swallow.  Called my regular physician and explained to the office person who relayed into to doctor.  He could not see me today so I have an appt tomorrow.  Could not eat or drink a thing all day.  I am in such discomfort.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Glad to hear you have an appointment to see your doctor today. I am sure you will get a more thorough exam and possibly reference(s) to a specialty doctor(s) if necessary. 

Best wishes to you,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Echoing all the sentiments here. Prayers and best wishes to you for a good outcome and complete healing. We're with you @rms1954 !

Respected Contributor

Wishing you a speedy & complete recovery @rms1954 .

Also hoping your daughter is well & escaped injury. Take care of yourself.  I agree with everyone that you are doing best by following up with your doctor. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please, as others have said, go to your personal physician ASAP.

In the hospital that I worked in Urgent Care was called "Doc in a box"   Good for a splinter but not much else.

Don't leave something potentially serious to their diagnosis and recommendation!