Honored Contributor

All In All Not a Good Weekend

My daughter bought a house and borrowed my husband's truck to move some things, and she had an accident yesterday.  She's lucky to be alive.  Couch flew off the vehicle in front of her, she swerved to miss and was on two wheels and spun around when the vehicle behind her then hit her.  

Then to top it off I have not been feeling well and went to urgent care to be checked out and I may have pneumonia so they put me on an antibiotic and some pills to help the cough cuz it hurt so bad.  But it's a guess.  They can see a pocket or "something on my lung so I was told to start off with the antibiotics to see if it clears up ... or it could be lung cancer or something else.  Great.  I have to give it 3/4 weeks. In the meantime ....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: All In All Not a Good Weekend

@rms1954 I sure hope you feel better soon! I'm glad your daughter is ok. Sounds like a rough weekend! Hang in there! Tomorrow is bound to be better.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@rms1954 I sure hope you feel better soon! I'm glad your daughter is ok. Sounds like a rough weekend! Hang in there! Tomorrow is bound to be better.

Thanks.  Let's hope so.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954   Prayers and good vibes being sent  your way for you and your daughter.  Hoping that better days are in the wings for you.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

My daughter bought a house and borrowed my husband's truck to move some things, and she had an accident yesterday.  She's lucky to be alive.  Couch flew off the vehicle in front of her, she swerved to miss and was on two wheels and spun around when the vehicle behind her then hit her.  

Then to top it off I have not been feeling well and went to urgent care to be checked out and I may have pneumonia so they put me on an antibiotic and some pills to help the cough cuz it hurt so bad.  But it's a guess.  They can see a pocket or "something on my lung so I was told to start off with the antibiotics to see if it clears up ... or it could be lung cancer or something else.  Great.  I have to give it 3/4 weeks. In the meantime ....

@rms1954  i find it odd that you were told to wait 3-4 weeks for your pneumonia to clear up before the Dr/s do anymore testing...

I am a 17 yr lung cancer survivor who doesn't have 2 lungs anymore. It was discovered I had lung cancer when I had pneumonia.

I'm not trying to scare you, but give you food for thought.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Thankful your daughter is OK.

But, if you were at Urgent Care I'd definitely be on the phone first thing tomorrow with your personal physician.  I know first hand how they make mistakes -- not to upset you but they totally misdiagnosed my spouse ( the week before the Covid was made public).

Without further details this has been the year from h### for him.

Frankly, seeing what this man has gone thru (including yesterday 8 hours in ER) I wouldn't wait ...

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Prayers for you and your family- especially for you. I hope you are feeling better soon. 💐

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954  i find it odd that you were told to wait 3-4 weeks for your pneumonia to clear up before the Dr/s do anymore testing...

I am a 17 yr lung cancer survivor who doesn't have 2 lungs anymore. It was discovered I had lung cancer when I had pneumonia.

@Susan Louise wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Well, I hope to scare you into action.  Mine is very personal, they (doctor's thought my sister had pneunomia) turned out to be Leukemia, and after 5 mos. of her and us dealing with it, tomorrow is her funeral.  So while I'm hurting here, go get a second opinion and don't put off what might be cancer.  Cancer doesn't wait and doesn't mess around and doesn't care who it gets rid of.   @rms1954  They said she had pneumonia too to begin with. I hope it's the lesser of 2 evils.  

Glad your daughter is ok, too.

Honored Contributor

Oh, my goodness.  I would say you have really had a tough weekend!  I'm hoping your daughter is o.k.  I would go to the hospital ER and ask to have some tests done.  I think you should be given more care then just being told - antibiotics and wait for 3 or 4 weeks!  I wish you all the best and chances are it is pneumonia but I would want more definitive answers than what you have been given!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband had bronchitis and went to the urgent care center several times. It just wouldn't clear up. After almost two months on antibiotics, nebulizer treatments, X-rays and feeling lousy I insisted he go to the ER or I would call an ambulance. He agreed to go to the ER. Turned out his lower lung was partially collapsed because no air was getting down to the lower part of the lung. He was put on very strong IV antibiotics. Now he has a pulmonologist caring for him. It took a few months for the lung to reinflate and be clear of fluid. The fluid can linger for quite a while. 

I would make an appt. with your primary care giver for a follow up in two or three weeks. And of course if there isn't improvement sooner. Urgent care is great for a quick minor illness but not for pneumonia.