Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

Hi, I didn't do much of a formal workout either, wasn't into it either.  My GD is here with me so we just took a trail walk, watched some funny movies and baked cookies...now doesn't that sound fun ? 

It's cold here and partly cloudy.  I don't like the darkness so early and also dark in the morning now.   Not a fan!

Tony I saw that Tony was retiring, so you went to the race?

Nomless Soup is such a easy thing to prepare and then you have it for a few days or freeze it.   Love soup here, I usually don't follow a recipe, just throw in whateve I have but I'm sure there are many soups I wouldn't have a clue how to make without a recipe.

I liked the TSV but don't need it and wasn't sure anyone I knew would get use out of it so passed.

Watching baseball now, have a nice evening!

Esteemed Contributor

Bopper, your day with your Granddaughter sounds perfect.  My 9 year old GD lives 300 miles away..sigh.  

It's dark and windy here again today but I like a day like this sometimes.  Fits my mood sometimes.  

I guess I'll do a TV walk and walk Angie this afternoon. Believe it or not she still has a little skunk aroma to her.  It's  around her face where I can't put all the soap and vinegar. Daisy is fresh as a ....well, Daisy lol. I don't think her face was skunked.

Everyone have a nice relaxing Sunday.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Skylark, that skunk aroma is stubborn.  My goodness.  

I didn't do anything yesterday, but today I did ChaLean Burn 1.  This is the 4th day I've done it, and it's already easier.

It's a cloudy day today in the 60s.  I've been having trouble sleeping due to the night time temps....too cold for a sheet only, but too warm to use a blanket.  I spend most of the night grabbing a blanket, thn throwing it off me.  Crazy.  

Wish I had more news but I don't.  Things are pretty quiet around here.

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in-

Bopper- I'm not liking this dark either! I leave for work in the dark 5:30  and get home in the dark 8:30. I feel like I have lost the whole day. I worked this past weekend, it wasn't awful but not great either.  Yes I went to Loudon. can be a boring race cos of the track but you cant beat seeing it and hearing it live. No earplugs allowed!!

Nomless-I was using the book that came with the DVDs. It pretty much follows each DVD but does not have the warm-up, cool- down or the 3 extreme exercises at the end of each exercise. As long as I can count to 12, I am good! It will be interesting to see what comes of your interview.

Skylark- nothing like a great perfume!

Well, t's been cool here- 42 when I went to work yesterday and 46 when I got out. 50's today but they say warm- up to 70's is coming. I am waiting!

Did chalean book while watching GMA this morning. caught up on my newspapers and did laundry.  I miss my coffee and Sunday paper when I work so I do it on Monday.

Have a great Tuesday !

Respected Contributor

Hi all, I forgot to post yesterday, I did 25 miles on my Xbike and some rebounding and a trail walk with my son and Logan...

I just finished a walk outside and some Total Gym,,,going to be helping my son pack for his move....  Mama is sad about him moving but it's the next step in his young life!

Tony it was super dark here yet at 8 am this morning, clouds and looks like rain. You work long hours,,,

skylark Logan almost got sprayed by a skunk...no thank you !

Nomless not much news here either, which isn't a bad thing either.   Leaves are going to be at peak color this weekend so will probably take a ride on Sunday to see some waterfalls and leaves.

Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, about your autumn weather - here, the leaves haven't started changing yet, and you're at the peak!  My, another reminder that you live way up north!  Is DS moving far away?  The baseball son or the Olivia son?

Tony, oh, that book.  What a great idea to use it as a sub for the DVD. Yes, it must be difficult working dark to dark.  Sort of like living in a tunnel.  

I did 45 min of cardio. I have another foot problem, ugh. It hurts on top, like there's a bone or ligament or something out of place.  I don't know how it happened. I hope it goes away as a quickly as it came. 

WMN, how is this week going?

Hi to Skylark and Cater and all our friends.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone.  Didn't do anything today except rake sticks that fell all over yard from tremendous winds last few days.  Seems the freezer part of my fridge isn't working..ugh. Always something. Got a guy coming tomorrow,called Sears..2 weeks!  Ha,they're nuts I can't wait that long. 

The meditation center where I go started a walking club. I went to that yesterday,did a mile. Then did 2 more with DH when I came home.

Tony nice to see your post...working dark to dark not fun. But those bills don't care about that,do they?lol

Nomless,hope your foot is feeling better.  It's nutty the way pains just pop up.

Bopper so glad Logan missed the skunking. How far is your son moving? 

WMN hope you're doing well.  Gonna end this BOOK now.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's a gloomy and rainy Thursday here.   I did the bike and some rebounding amongst cleaning and vacuuming and helping my son ( baseball son)  pack up.  He's going to be about a 20 hour drive from here so not to doable for us anyways.   

I'm watching the baseball playoffs, Tony are you watching?

I'm glad Logan didnt' get skunked too, can't even imagine.  He was just groomed yesterday and is quite handsome I must say.  The lady said he has SO much fur come off.  

Not much going on other than that, which isn't a bad thing either.

enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

AC is back on today.  Ugh.  It's hot and humid.

Cubs WIN!!  Woo-hoo!  What a great season, a huge turn-around from last year.

I didn't do anything yesterday, thinking it best to rest my foot.  It's a little better today.

Today I did ChaLean Burn 2.  Nice workout.

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Bopper- it must be hard to have your son move. Sending you a hug. It's part of the mom job, tough as it is. How about 2 hugs? Yup watching baseball!

Nomless- hot and humid? I am in a sweatshirt and had an extra blanket on the bed! I m glad for your Cubs- hopefully their turn, like the Red Sox! The top of foot pain can be a tendinitis - be careful, take it easy.

Skylark- you are right about those bills! I hope your freezer is fixable  Did laundry