Respected Contributor

Welcome to the December Exercise Thread

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the December Exercise Thread

Good Morning on this 1st day of December.  Just finished up on the treadmill as it is sleeting outside...then used my Tony Little Bar with the bands.  Forgot how that thing can do a lot.   

Now I am making my dad's BD cake.  Bless his heart, he turns 88 tomorrow.  He is in relatively good health and he walks about 2 miles most days, he goes to camp and 4 wheels, and he is my Rock!

Hoping we can have a No Excuses December and do our best...It's about the health not about the size~

Be Well, Be Thankful and Be Blessed Heart

Respected Contributor

A new month, hurray!  

Bopper, sad to say I'm starting the month off with excuses.  Yesterday I had tons to do, lots of errands, but it was sleeting/snowing in the morning.  The afternoon was better, and I got a few important errands in...like getting food for my cats.  They'd be mad if I ran out of food!  But I didn't get it all done, there's more on my list for tomorrow.

This morning I've been sending out more resumes for full time jobs.  Goodness, I'm so tired of it.  

This afternoon I start my new part-time job.  I'm sure it will go fine.  Initially, it will be a struggle to get back on a schedule and plan when to do errands and chores.  I'm sure I'll fall back into a routine quickly.  

It's still cold here, but the sun is trying to shine.  We've had many gray days, so sunshine is welcome.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello everyone and Happy December!  It was so nice seeing posts from Patty and Cater again. Love reading everyone's posts.

Went for a walk in the woods with Angie and DH.  Weather 40s and sunny...no complaints.  

Thanksgiving was nice lots of food and family.  We went to the town Christmas parade,lots of fun til we got home for hot chocolate and pie.  DD and my eldest nephew got in a screaming match over politics...Christmas and politics not a good mix. 

Nomless hope your first day goes well and good to get the first day out of the way!

Bopper,  your Dad sounds like quite a guy kinda puts me to shame walking 2 miles everyday.  Happy Birthday to him!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Skylark how wonderful that you would admit to the screaming match. Let me tell you I never in my life ever thought that I would have that happen here but lo and behold it has happened here. I only thought that happened in my girl friends home UNTIL one day my son and daughter started discussing politics and naturally one is one party and the other is of the other party. It got so loud with each of them throwing out facts that I just sat here in shock. Neither one would back down until one of them actually picked up their dinner plate covered it in suran wrap and walked out the door and went to their own home. That was one of our so called family get togethers then it happened again and I actually had to yell for them both to shut their mouths and never discuss politics in this house again.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning all,  I have a few things to do this morning so am visiting early.

My BD cake is ready to bring to dads.   Yes he's quite the guy.  He has some minor issues but frankly he does very well for himself.  He's an old fashioned kind of guy, not techy at all, and often talks of the old days with simplier life style and quieter times.  It's comforting to hear him tell his tales of when he was younger...

I agree on the politics stuff.  Not a good mix, most situations turn out with people disagreeing and it just isn't good.  Can ruin a family get together for sure.

It sounds icy outside.  I can hear each car go around the corner crunching the ice below them.  I hope the highway is salted when I get out there .

Nomless I hope you like the job, I think it will be OK.   Just have to adjust to the schedule again.

Hoping everyone has a very blessed day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone.  Enjoy your day.

Cater and Skylark, what stories!  Yes, politics and religion, too, are topics best avoided. Such conversations seldom changed anyone's mind, so it's best to avoid them.  I hope you have success keeping the opponents quiet at future gatherings.  

Bopper, happy birthday to you dad!  Have a fun party and give him a big hug!  You're so lucky to have him nearby and part of your life.

The job yesterday went well.  It's complicated work with a lot to be done in very llitte time.  Hence the team of nearly a dozen who work together to accomplish it.  I was very impressed by the organization that's brought to the task so that it is done without chaos and confusion.  The pace is steady but not frantic.  I was left with a very good first impression.  They've set up a great process that runs like clockwork.  

To complicate matters, yesterday I got a call from a recruiter about a full time job.  I really don't want to go back to full time work, but to my surprise, the salary for this one is sufficiently high that I probably should consider it.  A downside I see already is that it's a long commute.  I also don't want to walk out of the part-time job right after starting - not fair to them and I don't want to burn bridges there. But I guess I should pursue the full time opportunity and see where it goes.  Maybe nothing will come of it.  

I have more errands to run this morning....and I have to remember to go to work this afternoon.  I'm afraid I'll forget!  LOL.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Day 2 job report: I'm already bored with the work because it's too easy.  I hope they can push up the level of difficulty to keep me interested.  

Respected Contributor

Morning, not sure what the weather is as its dark still but the long range forcast is above normal temps.   Works for me!

Watching the news on the terrible and horrific shooting in CA..It's so scary and I am just heartbroken for the families.

Nomless sorry the job was boring yesterday, the day before it sounded like there was lots to do...I sure hope it gets better for you.

Not sure what I will do today.  I have some big knots in my upper back that are bothering me so no upper body work for me..will walk though.

Enjoy the day!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ugh, nomless, sorry about the job.  I know what that is like, I'd rather be too busy.  I hope they can step it up a notch. 

Above average for a lot of folks bopper, we've had rain the past 3 days..bleck.  Sun is out today but quite windy.  And, yes, horrible news.  I fear it's just going to get worse too and I'll leave it at that.  Sure sounds like DH is going to be busy at his new job!

DH is flying back right now.  Big Christmas Party tomorrow night but so far Saturday is free and I'm looking forward to it!

I got a full day's worth accomplished so far this morning(even though it started out slow) so I'm ahead of schedule!  Post Office, charity drop-off, Pointsettias for front porch, birthday cards, groceries, gym(TRX training and Boxing), and more!  Going to walk Lucy to the beach now then might go get a pedicure.  It feels good to put my feet up a minute though. 

They're getting ds's package together and submitting it to the insurance company.  So we're praying hard for approval and that it works for him.  Life could take a drastic turn if it doesn't.  We're going to DC for a few days for DH to get a feel for his new job, then we'll leave from there to go see the kids in PA for Christmas.  I want to be there for his first infusion so we'll see how it all plays out....I may be staying for a while. 

Waving to everyone...cater, Skylark, and all.  Skylark and cater, I can't talk politics with people that are die-hard the other way, my head almost explodes, so I don't...lol!  Step away from the table. Smiley Wink