Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Cardio done. I worked hard on both treadmill and bike. Workout room was crowded today. Wearing my new shoes, I got a blister on the top of my heel. Dang! But my toenail doesn't hurt any more. LOL.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone!

5 minute run on the treadmill to warm up

Full body weight session; I incorporated deadlifts for the first time with the Good Mornings. Challenging.

My plan was to do a hike after, but my it chy ankles said NO. I was good; I was sweaty from lifting.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Can someone say SUPERMOON?!?!?!?!?!?! Eeeeeeekkkk!! Everyone was extra crazy at work today. Just glad I made it out of there. I came home and worked in the yard cutting back bushes for 20-30 mins, then high incline treadmill at 3.3-3.5 for 22 mins, then a little on the Pilates. I tweaked my back the other day, esp my lat. It hurts to put my arm over my head. Tmrw am I'm doing treadmill for 20-30, then Pilates for 20-30 before work. Hope everyone has a nice Monday night. Tony, I thought of you today with the full moon -- I know you felt it if you were at work! We always do, don't we. :-0
Esteemed Contributor

Future, I hope your back feels better soon.

I volunteer at the farmers market on Sundays. Everyone was either in a bad mood or took catty to the next level. Maybe the moon was the reason.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Morning, we finally had some much needed rain...stopped for now though.

This morning I did my KCM dvd again using Chapter menu. I did legs, and glutes and decided to do arms again as I am not sore at all. I used 15's on the legs and glutes and decided to try 15's on bi's and tri's. I did all the sets with 15's on bi's but tricep kick backs I could only do 12's.. I did use a 15# KB for behind the head triceps. Lots of lunges and deadlifts and courtsey squats..I know the spelling is off??? Haha..

Hoping everyone is having a good morning...

Nomless sorry about the blister, darn it! I know what that is like.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Future, let's hope this week isn't so crazy for you.

Honny, how cool to hang out at the farmers' market on Sundays. I bet that's fun.

Hi, Bopper, good job with KCM. I didn't know how to spell that word either, so I looked it up. Duh...it's so simple: curtsy. Who knew???

It's a pretty, sort of cool day today. Nice. But with all the sad news I've been reading, I'm feeling a little down, so tonight I may do a Katami workout. He's cheerful without overdoing it, and I love his encouragement. So I just might pop in a Katami DVD. Or, I'll do TG.

Patty, I hope your weekend was fun and that the unpacking isn't making you crazy. I hope Lucy and Kat are feeling at home in the new place.

Hi to Tony and Gazelle and SF -- I hope your training for the upcoming race is going well. Judy, check in with us, I'd love to know how you are.

Oh, last night's Ninja....I was disappointed that it was a compilation of clips that I've already seen. Oh, well, next week the finals start. That will be fun.

Have a good afternoon, everyone.

Respected Contributor

I didn't do Katami, I did TG. Lots of reps. My arms are jello now!
Regular Contributor

Hi All!!! It' s me, Tony, aka MIA! I have been on vacation, for real and from working out. Acadia National Park where I did real activity- hiking and biking, enjoying every minute. patty, I agree- I don't post a lot, usually cos I am not a true workout person but I agree, I would hate to see us disband. It is a neat relationship. I am glad to see you have moved, have fun settling in. We did 3 years ago- loved all of the newness! Future- yes, I thought about your, too, with the super moon! Figures, my first day back was Sunday! Yup, super moon brought super crazies! Nomless- I hope you are feeling better. Bopper- how is you new outdoor pet? Have you named him? How awful about Tony Stewart- sad all around. Hi honnybrown! I flunk working out all of the time but these guys still let me join them here! It was a long silly day- see ya!
Valued Contributor

Hey all...I'm not doing great. My son is sick again, we are devastated. Was hoping this new medication he was on would put him in remission so not sure where we go from here.

I'm beyond stressed right now, not sure what I'm going to do. My house is a wreck, still have boxes, husband's ceremony is next week...my heart just breaks for him having to live with this at such a young age. I'm so overwhelmed it's hard for me to do much of anything let alone set up an entire house by myself(husband's still in sling).

They're checking him for CDiff, want to see if he has some kind of infection since he's on the med that suppresses your auto-immune system and he works in the medical field so could have caught something.

Sorry to be a downer...but I'm really down, not gonna lie. Kind of playing it by ear to see if I need to drive up there or if they can get it under control.

Respected Contributor

Oh, gosh, Patty, I'm so sorry. The boxes can wait. Don't let them add to your worry. Your DS and you and DH and DIL are in my prayers. My heart aches for you, and I send love and hugs. I wish I could do more. Hang in there.