Honored Contributor

Oy! Who puts a photo on a message board and wants to know what their medical issue is? For Pete's sake, ask a doctor!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 

For Petes sake who answers like that, sometimes silence is golden

@ID2 wrote:

Oy! Who puts a photo on a message board and wants to know what their medical issue is? For Pete's sake, ask a doctor!!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

if it wont go away i'd go to urgent care with my insurance i think its like 40.00.. they will just prescribe a cream to put on it

Super Contributor

I am totally puzzled about how anyone can know what "they" will prescribe when there has not even been a professional diagnosis of the condition. And a "cream" is about as vague a suggestion as could possibly be considered. And, along those lines, it is hard to know how one can conclude what the fee will be without knowledge of the insurance coverage (or whether there is any), much less what reimbursement guidelines are in place.  I am often stunned by some of the recommendations made by untrained non-medical professionals on this board when, for example, physicians, who make informed treatment decisions, typically spend four years in medical school, followed by a year of internship, and then subsequently often followed by a residency of at least several years in a medical speciality. I have trouble filling in the dots..... If a person, for whatever reason, chooses not to seek medical care from a qualified person, that does not mean that "the gap" can -- or should -- be filled by well-intentioned untrained bystanders, short of an immediate emergency situation.

Super Contributor

@I am still oxox  Google granuloma annulare and see if this matches your symptoms.  I'm no doctor, but it looked a little bit like it.  I had it 25 years ago.  It was treated with creams and went away.  In my case, a dermatologist was who I saw.

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Respected Contributor

My hubby has had a rash like this on his ankle for quite awhile now. He's been to a dr. and all the creams dr. has prescribed have done nothing to heal it. So all you people critical of the OP for not seeking medical attn. should lay off. Am sure she wants to know if others have/had this issue and what treatments they've used.  It looks like bad case of eczema to me.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox,

Google lichen planus and fungus rashes, to see if either looks like your rash.  

A few years ago I went to the dermatologist over a funky spot on my leg, which turned out to be a fungal growth.   I was prescribed Triamcinolone 0.1% cream, which took care of it, and has been used often since.

Trusted Contributor

Go to a doctor.  Do not rely on the people on these forums to diagnose the trouble.  Let us know what you find out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rash on foot

[ Edited ]

@Jinlei wrote:

Go to a doctor.  Do not rely on the people on these forums to diagnose the trouble.  Let us know what you find out.

It looks like extremely dry skin. 

I would wear latex gloves to appy anything to it, whether it's doctor prescribed or not.  You don't want to spread anything.

ETA:  @I am still oxox   I see this is from a week ago.  Have you been to a doctor?  What was the diagnosis?

Honored Contributor

Thank you all it was some sort of a fungus the Spectazole cream she gave me is working well

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.