Super Contributor

Has anyone purchased the pull up bar yet? If so, would you say it was worth the extra investment?

Honored Contributor

I didn't see it. What is the item number? I am interested to see how someone can do a pullup(a real one)on a Pilates machine. I have the Pilates Premier XP and ain't no way I can do a pullup that is anywhere close to a regular stationary bar that is above my head type of pull up/chin up, whichever nomenclature one prefers to use for it.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Well that is true. There is no dead hang or technique per se. It is included with the new limited availability pilates and available on its own. I was just curious. I am working up to pull ups from a real bar.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I added the pull-up bar to my Pilates reformer long ago. I use it daily. It's incredible for building upper arm strength and toning arms. I love it. Great investment because it took the machine to a whole new level.

Super Contributor

Thanks I appreciate the answer.

Honored Contributor
On 9/8/2014 hckynut said:

I didn't see it. What is the item number? I am interested to see how someone can do a pullup(a real one)on a Pilates machine. I have the Pilates Premier XP and ain't no way I can do a pullup that is anywhere close to a regular stationary bar that is above my head type of pull up/chin up, whichever nomenclature one prefers to use for it.

We just bought the 5-cord machine. My DH is a runner and very fit. He was playing round with the machine last night and by adjusting the cords he was able to replicate a move that was like a pull up/chin up, and depending on which cords were engaged, he found where it could be too easy, comfortable, or challenging.

Trusted Contributor
Its such a minimal and worth making it. I purchased the new 4 cord reformer which came with rebounder and ordered the pull up bar as an option. It really tones up arms and shoulders along with improving strength. I highly recommend it.