Respected Contributor

I've never heard of the Medicare donut hole (but I will look it up) However I get my mail order meds thru Express Scripts, quick delivery, low costs

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/11493.pdf

nutneg3, thanks so much for this link. The info is a bit confusing to wade through... but that's clearly because of the way that the legislation has been written. lol, I should be able to sort through it.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks again!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My husband is on Medicare and he went into the donut hole very early this year.  

I just refilled one of his mail order prescriptions through Experss Scripts last week and it was MUCH cheaper than the last refill so he must have just come out of it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Check with your County's Office for Aging (if there is one. . . ) and inquire about programs they may have to address this issue.  I know NYS has such a program.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Most states have subsidies for lower income people who fall into the donut hole. I would call public health or ask your doctor for a referreal to a social worker who can assist you with this.Or call the agency for aging.

Honored Contributor

This isn't new ..... and what you need is a Part D plan for prescriptions.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

This isn't new ..... and what you need is a Part D plan for prescriptions.

The part D prescription plan is where the donut hole exists. 

Respected Contributor

There are supplemental plans offered by all of the insurance companies that cover the donut hole. Ours does and there is ever an issue. 

They hey are not cheap but better than paying out of pocket