Contributor

Re: If You Are Looking for Hand Sanitizer

a man in tn. him and his brother bought 17 thousand 7 hundred bottles of hand sanitizer.    tryed to resell for a big profit. amazon would not allow it. i hope he gets stuff with all of it.  this is really sad for people who really need it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@camarolover wrote:

a man in tn. him and his brother bought 17 thousand 7 hundred bottles of hand sanitizer.    tryed to resell for a big profit. amazon would not allow it. i hope he gets stuff with all of it.  this is really sad for people who really need it.

When people hoard the things we all need to keep us safe, that just makes our neighbors more vulnerable to getting sick. If one person buys everything off the shelf then that means everyone else has nothing and what good is that when you're trying to keep from getting infected....your neighbors or friends need that stuff, too, and some of them can't afford the price gouging.

Honored Contributor

I still see some for sale on ebay.

Hi!

My friend works for Creative Essences (a manufacturing company) and they are making hand sanitizer. Right now they are making it for national companies, but they are going to start selling their overflow to friends and family. He told me that right now you can reserve them, but on 4/10 they will be on sale. good luck!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One doesn't have to buy 17,700 bottles of sanitizer (or rolls of TP, or anything else) to qualify as a "hoarder."

Those who gleefully ransack stores to wipe out, or nearly wipe out, the supply for others, are hoarders, too.

And if you already have "a big bottle" of sanitizer...that's you.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Here at QVC. V37189 Rejuvenate Set of (4) 8-oz Hand Sanitizer Sprays Limit 2 $22.00 s/h $3.50 Look at the back of the bottle in photo - benzalkonium chloride - antimicrobial. Antimicrobial products kill or slow the spread of microorganisms. Microorganisms include bacteria, viruses, protozoans.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you!

Just ordered the limit of 2-sets to share among my family.

So it averages $6 each (w tax/SH) which is a bit steep, but 

walking/driving around looking for it is so time consuming.

And on Amazon there are too many choices and most are limited to 

hospitals.

The “no name’ type sanitizer looks sketchy and wouldn’t arrive until

late May-June!

Id rather trust the Q and pay more, which is probably what they are counting on.

Thanks again!

(if you haven’t posted this in other Forums yet....you might consider it!)

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@SisterSisto wrote:

I live in the Pacific Northwest, close to the epicenter here in Washington State.  My husband and I are in our late 60's, he had a quadruple bypass two years ago and I suffer from asthma when I get an URI, so we need to be proactive.  I decided to get some hand sanitizer, visited seven different places (including the dollar store) and all were sold out.  Finally at the eighth place (Albertsons), I found three bottles of alcohol and decided to make my own.  I found Johnson and Johnson Aloe Vera get with Vitamin E, to be used on baby's bottoms and thought it would be okay.  I found only two little plastic bottles in the travel dept. of the store, so got those.  I came home and mixed 3/4 cup of 60% alcohol along with 1/4 cup of the gel.  I reallhy liked it as it left my hands pretty soft and supple but my husband hated it and tried to wipe it on his shirt.  He said it was too greasy for him.  I'm going out to buy a bottle of witch hazel and will mix that with the alcohol, that should dry him out real good!!  

I looked on Amazon to see what they had, for two 8 oz bottles of sanitizer, for the bargain price of $97.00....and that was one of the cheaper prices.  I'm not desperate, just wanted this available for our pockets, when we are going to the grocery store, etc.  We are being cautious but I refuse to be scared and crazy.  We are so fortunate we have a nice house to be in and aren't on a cruise ship that is unable to dock anywhere and even if they get off the ship, they will be quarantined.

i also live in the Pacific Nortwest. My local healthfood store just got a bunch 0f smaller bottles in. i also know a gift shop in a small town near here where the owner makes and sells it. good luck to your husband as i have had the same surgery and am insulin dependent diabetic.I live about 90 miles south of Seattle