Super Contributor

How can they sell this as a sanitizer when it does not have any alcohol in it. This probably would not kill any germs. 

Super Contributor

The FDA has certified non alcohol sanitizers. Beekman waited 2 years to get the certification. Ingredients like Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1% can be substituted for alcohol. These ingredients have been certified by the FDA.

Honored Contributor

@mistyada wrote:

The FDA has certified non alcohol sanitizers. Beekman waited 2 years to get the certification. Ingredients like Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1% can be substituted for alcohol. These ingredients have been certified by the FDA.

Same as Dr Dubrows, he says thisis  what surgeons use to clean themselves before operating, and the protection lasts up to 4 hours. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beekman Hand Sanitizer

[ Edited ]

What's the item # - and  is  it here or hsn? I'd like to check it out!

Super Contributor

I don't have the item number but it is at HSN. I e-mail Beekmans and they said Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1% is good for 99% Germs and Bacteria but it was pre tested before Covid 19 and that alcohol is suppose to kill virus. This is for germs and bacteria. I have it on pre order but now sure if i will get it. Might cancel since it's not going to help kill virus's.

Trusted Contributor

@mistyada wrote:

I actually personally prefer this type of a sanitizer, as it is not as drying on my sensitive skin.

I have some portable-sized wet wipes with this ingredient in it that I was carrying in my purse and I'm just about out of them. I can't get them right now as they're out of stock. 

Esteemed Contributor

I found it listed on hsn as 'extended delivery' - so I ordered it figuring I had a while to decide. It shipped so fast! I'm not sure it's effective for covid-  although my Purell container says the same thing. 'effective for 99% of germs'. Maybe it is as effective - the video presentation  certainly made it seem like it was! Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I just brought 25oz from Heritage Distillery Co in  Washington.  Limit 2 bottles.  Check it out.  No gel.  You have to get your own spray bottle. I have enough of those in the house.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I just brought 25oz from Heritage Distillery Co in  Washington.  Limit 2 bottles.  Check it out.  No gel.  You have to get your own spray bottle. I have enough of those in the house.

@qvcaddition  I  just checked it out, thanks! It's only 80% effective. I'm in the tri state area, and prefer it be in the 90+% range of effectiveness. Whether it be alcohol free or alcohol based. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 @Can,t get 90% alcohol here.   I am out of wipes.  Do have lysol, a N 95 mask, reg masks and gloves

I,m in Ca.   Keep safe.