Honored Contributor

I just saw this online, and I'm curious if you've seen/used it.

About This Item
Details - Textured solid construction
- Use cold to lower swelling; use warm to increase circulation and relax sore muscles
- Ease tension and increase circulation
- Helps plantar fasciitis
- See additional info for more
- Not a toy; keep away from children under 14 years of age
- Approx. 7" L x 5" W x 3.75" D (packaged)

Materials PVC exterior, hot/cold gel interior 

From the description it appears that one would either keep it in the freezer or microwave it?

Trusted Contributor

Seems like it might be nice if you got it very cold and used it on hot summer days.

I used to have a kids' inflatable little pool I'd fill with cold water. I'd put it in my front yard and my neighbors would bring a chair and soak their feet to cool off. Of course, that was when I lived where the tap water is cold!

Honored Contributor

I'm having terrible foot problems these days.  Mostly with the top of my feet in the arch area, plus a burning sensation between that area and the toes.  Intermittent on both feet, but can be very painful when it occurs.  I have a podiatrist appoint tomorrow afternoon.  I'm going to mention this to him to see what he things relative to my "condition".  Thanks for the post!

Honored Contributor

Update from my podiatrist visit:  I have a very, very high arch and some arthritis.  Not much can be done for me, though he did have a couple of suggestions as to a different way to tie my shoes to relieve some pressure, without compromising support.  (I love my podiatrist!  I told him I came in for a new pair of feet.  His response:  Sorry, I only have right feet today!).  Anyway, he was impressed with the fact that I exercise at the senior center 4 days a week, even though all that jumping, etc., is causing the discomfort.  Just something (else) to deal with in advancing years!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, this is very helpful for quickly relieving muscle cramps and spasms in toes, feet, ankles.

Stepping your weight down on it and rolling the device against the floor with your foot breaks the signal that has the muscle stuck in the 'cramp' command.

I s'pose you could keep it in freezer. I wouldn't put it in microwave but maybe drop it into a pan of heated water that's been removed from the heat.

But those don't seem handy.

This device has been around for ages. Ive seen them priced at just a few $bucks. People just keep it on the floor next to the bed, or wherever they take their shoes off and relax.

The hot/cold gel interior is an upgrade that probably raises the price.