Valued Contributor

For anyone interested (new approach to eating; plant-based)

[ Edited ]

Some of you may have heard of Rip Esselstyn.  He is a former firefighter that went plant-based years ago.  (He is the son of Caldwell Esselstyn, MD who does a lot of heart disease reversal.)

On engine2diet (dot) com, there is a 7-day walkthrough of doing a plant-based way of eating.  Including, a downloadable form to give to your doctor !!!   (Interesting!!)

It's free, too.  Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone was interested.  It apparently also has live interactive facebook chats to ask questions.  

Chef AJ is doing one 1/6 at 1pm ET.

The website engine2diet (dot) com has more of the info, if interested!

Trusted Contributor

Re: For anyone interested (new approach to eating; plant-based)

Ah, Engine2. I making a connection here - I've seen those cereals in Whole Foods and they look pretty good. Planning on buying a box once I finish up some of my current stash.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting.  Chef AJ makes some really yummy recipes...very simple and some use an instant pot.  You can view some of her recipes on You Tube.

Honored Contributor

While I don't think I could do this, I'm interested and will check it out. Right now, I'm working on some baby step eating changes.

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Ah, Engine2. I making a connection here - I've seen those cereals in Whole Foods and they look pretty good. Planning on buying a box once I finish up some of my current stash.

Yes, they have a lot of Engine2Diet stuff at Whole Foods. Whole Foods is based in Austin, TX, the same location of the Engine 2 firehouse where this all started. There was a lot of publicity around the diet and the Whole Food launch when it started.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23

Rip...woof!  

He spreads a beautiful plant-based message, but he sure is easy on the eyes!  Hope to meet him in April when he's doing his book tour.  I'll report back. ;P

Love all the plant-based leaders....it's just one big 'ole happy family who wants everyone to have what they have!  Neat community.  

Speaking of family, here's a pic of Rip, Ann & Dr. Esselstyn...good looking & strong athletic genes run in the family! (Did you know Dr. Esselstyn won Gold on the '56 Olympic Rowing Team?)

IMG_0643.JPG

Honored Contributor

Engine 2 books are on hold for me at my library.  Thanks for letting me know about this plan because I'm looking at all options.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG

Starch Solution by John McDougall is a go-to for anyone adopting a plant-based diet.  Of course the film, Forks Over Knives, is a must-see.