Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom --yes-- I am very glad to hear from jackie too--and also from you!!!  Five years it's been with little Remy? Wow--has he gotten you both trained well by now?? Woman Happy

DD and I will be going to my younger brothers house ---well, maybe-- if no one gets covid--thats what happened last year--but we will plan on it for now. I always have a back up plan for dinner. He's decided on serving ---ham and lamb---I know, kind of funny--everyone is a little tired of turkey and he does cook a mean lamb--think it will be chops and he'll smoke them first--so delicious. I am bringing sides. Hard to believe it's the middle of Nov already----

PAM

Respected Contributor

Pam, I forgot about your ankle. Well at least it's all straightened out and hopefully you'll never have to speak to them again.

Going to the pub next week like we always do. They couldn't pay me enough to do all of that work again for Thanksgiving. During covid we actually called them and my husband picked up the food. I have absolutely nothing to wear. Everything is too big. Never thought I would hear myself say that. 

Lots of board stuff to deal with and the board member who is a maniac is driving us all crazy. One of the Russian board members called her Stalin. I had to laugh. I call her the KGB.

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! What did everyone do for the holiday?

Joe and I are home as we both have COVID! We managed to avoid it for three years--we're home almost all the time--we never go into restaurants or stores......Joe took Remy to the vet for a shot--he was there maybe ten minutes. Wthin two days he had a scratchy throat and cough--next morning he tested posiitve. I started to feel awful too--but it took me three days to test positive. Both of us on Paxlovid. Joe finished his doeses and feels about 98% better---I have until Sunday to finish my doeses---but I am tkaing longer to feel better. I continue with a bad throat and cough--and appetite still is not normal. Good thing we didn't have plans for Thanksgiving! Please be careful when going out--wear your masks--gets your vaccines--we did all of that and all it took was one slip and we are both infected!!!

Big Hugs,

Gracies/RemysMom

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom --OMgosh--doesn't that just make you mad!!! Me,  my DD and my SIL are the only ones left of our immediate family that have not gotten covid. My brother and his wife--the one I am writing about above--went on a months long cruise,  Oct til Nov. and a few days out from departure here in Seattle, my brother got covid and was quarantined for 6 days!! My SIL managed not to get it so she could leave after 2 days of testing negative, but she had to wear a mask. They missed 3 ports of call in Mexico. I guess he didn't get too sick, as both got their vaccines before they left. But all that $$ for a cruise. Now--I for one--would never even think of going on a cruise--too many people that could care less about spreading covid. So sorry you were sick!! Maybe after you have recovered, you can celebrate with a nice turkey dinner!!

Respected Contributor

OMG Gracies mom. Just going to the vet??Happy to hear that you and Joe didn't get it that bad. 

Thanksgiving was lovely. Had the salmon. I eat turkey all week long. Couldn't believe how crowded the restaurant was. Folks here just don't want to cook anymore. 

Lots to do with board work. Not looking forward to it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@Gracies Mom 

@wagirl 

Thank you for your good vibes and prayers.  Operation went well and no other signs of cancer.  Thankful for skilled and compassionate doctors and nurses.  Surgeon used robotics and I was surprised at the small size of incisions but large bruises.😂  

May all of you stay positive and hopeful as health challenges confront us.

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom --congrats on the very good outcome!!! Woman Very Happy I'll take small cuts and large bruises anyday, right?!! And so agree about the amazing drs and techs and nurses that deal with all this!! Happy days ahead!!