Honored Contributor

Re: After surgery needs/advice please

@drizzellla@Annabellethecat66@dex  Thanks guys.  Your comments mean a lot to me.   I tried to take myself out and treat myself to a big purchase with my tax refund but I'm just too out of sorts to even think of being nice to myself and that's not good.  

I don't know why I don't learn that appreciation and common courtesy is just not ever something I am entitled to in my family.  I still don't regret everything I did and offered though.

Anyway, they are still here and to answer your question @deepwaterdotter, it's not on my mother.  It's about everyone else.  I'm really tired of being alone in it all in a lot of ways. 

Thank you to everyone who participated in this thread.  It was a great prep for me and my mom and I am very thankful that everything seems to have come out in a great way in spite of everything else.  You guys really were a comfort to me and I can not tell you how appreciative I am for all of you.  Heart   

Honored Contributor

You know, @Laura14 i think there are many (myself included and my daughter) who do things and get frustrated because it seems the same people always step up and do 'things.

Here's a for instance....  My daughter a few weeks ago ended up driving to another state alone (her husband stayed with their 4 children) and brought back a 7 year old who is her second or maybe 3rd cousin.  He's my late husband's sister's granddaughter's son.  Phew!

Anyway, Great grandma is in terrible health and she and her husband can no longer care for him.  His mother is once again (lost count how many times) going into drug rehab, his father is ..... well ....gone.  He has teenage sisters and they are in foster care.  My daughter has met this kid a few times when visiting my late husband's sister.  She felt sorry for him.  When no one could care for him the state welfare people called my daughter!  I guess his great grandmother gave them her name!

So, long story .... short...my daughter is now raising 5 children, ages 6, 7, 12, 14 & 15.  She and her husband have raised amazing children.  They're all involved in sports, academic programs well ahead of their ages and so on.  They are a family of very high achievers.  It takes work on the parent's side to keep all this going.  They also take a lot of trips (fun and educational) and are going to Europe again this summer.  I guess now the little boy will be going along.

It's an amazing thing for the boy!  He's way behind on academics, manners and well, everything.

My daughter is a stay at home mom but manages her husband's business and several other businesses plus volunteers everywhere.  She's one busy girl.  Plus she manages my business finances.

I worry so much about her.  She has always been very organized and a high achiever.  So, that makes all of this a little easier.  

But I keep going back to "why should she be the one to take on this little boy".

I keep telling her, "I have three major priorities in my life (she and her two sisters), then comes my 7 grandchildren.  Period.  When I tell her to not take on so much, she knows it comes from my heart.

That said, I also know she's doing this (caring for the little boy) because that's who SHE is.

Just like that's who you are @Laura14.  When my husband was alive, he and I (at different times raised 4 of my sister's 5 children).  We put her daughter entirely through nursing school....she lived with us and my late husband would physically pull her out of bed and drive her there (she'd given up).  She is now an amazing woman in her 40's and a wonderful nurse.  She did it, we just helped a little.

I'd like to tell you this and that and bla bla bla.  My guess is it's just the kind of person you are.....a very loving giving person who always does the right thing.  It's people like you who have a special place (GOD's saved it for you) in Heaven...I just know it.

Take care and try to enjoy the time with your parents but know that you will have done your best to help them and know you are not alone...there are many (wish there were more) like you and my daughter who help other's even when it's so hard for them....

Love you @Laura14 and so proud you are here.  Fondly, Annabelle/Linda

Honored Contributor

If I could come through the screen and hug you @Annabellethecat66, I would.  Thank you for this and thank you for raising an extraordinary kid/kids/niece plus the rest of us with your wisdom. 

Not sure I deserve most of what you said but I am honored to be thought of like this by such a great woman I admire so much.  Blessings to you and your family.  You certainly deserve them all.  HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Please understand @Laura14 I accept your accolades only because I wish I was as kind and nice as YOU really are.

There are people who we all know we can rely on.  It's not fair to them and we all take advantage of (them).  My oldest daughter is like that as is my youngest.

When my girls were growing up we 4 were always together.  My late husband worked a lot and traveled to Florida a lot.  He sometimes took us...we were a unit.

We had several sayings we used to let each of know how strongly we felt about something.  One saying that told us this person wasn't a nice person was to say, "She/he is a user".  That would mean they take advantage of other's.  Other's who have such a sense of right and wrong they go against the selfishness of what many of us tend to do.

You, @Laura14 are one of those people.  The problem here though is that you (and they) feel guilty that they feel some angst about doing it (the good deed).  You shouldn't feel that way, that's human.  What is different is that you (and a few others) go against that feeling and do the right thing.

Please stop beating yourself up for being such a good person.  That's what you're doing.  If other's don't recognize the goodness in someone like you, it's on them.

Have a wonderful week ahead, you deserve it girl.  Fondly, Annabelle/Linda

Occasional Contributor

I had a liposuction months ago. Before, I was doing exercises, yet I still was not satisfied with my baby pooch and the way I looked. So I opted for a liposuction. I remember during my 2nd week from my liposuction surgery, I could shower for the first time and I was wearing garment 2, which was far worse than garment 1. This garment was super tight and I felt like I couldn't take a deep breath with it on. It took me about 5 mins to put it on and the same amount of time to remove it. By the second week, my appetite was back. I even began walking a little bit, hoping it would help me heal more quickly. Thanks to my surgeon Dr Rino Lorenzo who was referred to me by my good friend from Manila. The result is now looking very good!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations @lovetojoy1.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)