WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Well, that's a great way to lose a sale, Q.

@sonechko wrote:

You know what else I thought @CamilleP? I thought, that even though my WEN stash is growing, actually it is quite large even now, plus pending A/Ds, I STILL probably WILL BUY 2016 December TSV!

The reason for me will be -  to re-VISIT formulas I tried and did not like very much for whatever reason, to use them again, because of this super affordable PRICE deal.

I notice that my hair, and my personal preferences, likes/dislikes do change. When I come back to a WEN formula I shoved at the back of my closet, I am always pleasantly surprised how wonderful it actually is, when I use it again!

Since I know, I won't buy those formulas during the year, a future December TSV will help me get back to them once-in-a-while and try them. Well, I think.

But if you or someone else have an allergy to a certain scent, this of course is a different story.

@sonechko, that's another reason that I like the December TSV. I was almost going to also purchase the Classic TSV for that reason. The only thing that stopped me is that I've already bought some of the September Classic TSVs (mainly for the Wen Oils), and I didn't want to have too many Classics CCs around since I prefer the Restorative and Seasonals line... lol, and of course 613 CC as part of my leave in and for any necessary hair repair. 

So I'll just hold off until next December because I think it's likely to be offered then. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Bebe, I suspect you are right on the OTO's, which means I won't be getting them since they'll only be offered in WWC, and I don't like the citrusy formulas.  I've tried all the classic CC's, that's how I know I can't use LAV, even though that is the #1 recommendation that always comes up when I use Chaz's formula finder on his website.  POM, SAM and CA are okay for me, Fig is great when I need moisture, and TT I use as a first cleanse because of it's myriad benefits.  My best results are always TT first and a seasonal or BGT second.  I should have ordered the Sept. TSV in CA as well as TT and Fig, but I dawdled and it was too late very quickly on that formula.  I'm somewhat curious about the rice FF that's coming out, and if I can buy a single 16 ounce bottle of it from the Q the day of the TSV, I'll probably do so, to see if I like it as well as the BGT.  MIF makes my scalp a little irritated, just enough to get me scratching, so I really don't want to get the rice TSV, as by the time I donate 2/5ths of it I am not actually saving money on the other 3/5ths.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I clearly need not buy the upcoming TSV, since I don't like some of the seasonal selections, am allergic to one of the classic selections, and can't find a way to trade the rice-based selections I don't use.   Oh, and I have no family to gift any of them to, they're all dead, and I don't think Goodwill takes personal care products as donations.

It's not for me, either and I am okay with that. Not everything is going to work for me and the last TSV Chaz did was so good I ordered three of them. Sometimes I'm sad that the December TSV has been a bust for me two or three times now, but then I remember that it leaves money in my bank account and that's always nice.

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP   One of the selections for the seasonals was A271643.  I believe that this was originally a OTO price but either way it is a great value and was offered in all 3 fall formulas.  I would imagine that some of the OTO values will include all 3 winter seasonal formulas not just WWC.  

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@CamilleP wrote:

I clearly need not buy the upcoming TSV, since I don't like some of the seasonal selections, am allergic to one of the classic selections, and can't find a way to trade the rice-based selections I don't use.   Oh, and I have no family to gift any of them to, they're all dead, and I don't think Goodwill takes personal care products as donations.

It's not for me, either and I am okay with that. Not everything is going to work for me and the last TSV Chaz did was so good I ordered three of them. Sometimes I'm sad that the December TSV has been a bust for me two or three times now, but then I remember that it leaves money in my bank account and that's always nice.

@ChynnaBlue   I also haven't ordered the December tsv either even though it is such a great deal.  I wouldn't use all of the core formulas and definitely wouldn't use LAV and only use FIG occasionally so it isn't worth it for me to purchase this.  Of the seasonals, I only know that I like SHP and SCLV, I definitely wouldn't like FGP since I don't like/use spicy body products, not sure that I would like WVM although it seems like a lot of Wenners really like this formula, also not sure that I would like SHL. It wouldn't be worth it for me to order this either if I won't use most of the formulas.

I may still decide to order the BGT, MIF and FF tsv but still haven't ordered it yet.  

Honored Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@CamilleP wrote:

@ChynnaBlue   I also haven't ordered the December tsv either even though it is such a great deal.  I wouldn't use all of the core formulas and definitely wouldn't use LAV and only use FIG occasionally so it isn't worth it for me to purchase this.  Of the seasonals, I only know that I like SHP and SCLV, I definitely wouldn't like FGP since I don't like/use spicy body products, not sure that I would like WVM although it seems like a lot of Wenners really like this formula, also not sure that I would like SHL. It wouldn't be worth it for me to order this either if I won't use most of the formulas.

I may still decide to order the BGT, MIF and FF tsv but still haven't ordered it yet.  

Yep, if you can't use them all, it's suddenly not such a good value. I'm allergic to lavender and something in the Summer Honey Peach triggers my asthma. I tried to gift WEN, but it my mom and my sister didn't like it, so that's out. There are plenty of options I'm not allergic to, but each kit has formulas that don't really work well with my hair, so it leaves me with a kit of 5 bottles of product, but only 2 of them work well for me. But I don't mind passing this TSV up because I know that there will be another in a few months, and another in a few months after that... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP wrote:

Bebe, I suspect you are right on the OTO's, which means I won't be getting them since they'll only be offered in WWC, and I don't like the citrusy formulas.  I've tried all the classic CC's, that's how I know I can't use LAV, even though that is the #1 recommendation that always comes up when I use Chaz's formula finder on his website.  POM, SAM and CA are okay for me, Fig is great when I need moisture, and TT I use as a first cleanse because of it's myriad benefits.  My best results are always TT first and a seasonal or BGT second.  I should have ordered the Sept. TSV in CA as well as TT and Fig, but I dawdled and it was too late very quickly on that formula.  I'm somewhat curious about the rice FF that's coming out, and if I can buy a single 16 ounce bottle of it from the Q the day of the TSV, I'll probably do so, to see if I like it as well as the BGT.  MIF makes my scalp a little irritated, just enough to get me scratching, so I really don't want to get the rice TSV, as by the time I donate 2/5ths of it I am not actually saving money on the other 3/5ths.

@CamilleP, I have a feeling that the Fragrance Free (FF) might also irritate your scalp, because the FF ingredients deck is almost identical to the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) ingredients deck. 

I've included their ingredients decks at the end of this message, so you can compare them.

The only difference is that the MIF ingredients deck includes green tea extract (about halfway through the listing), and the FF formula doesn't include the green tea extract. 

If you look at the ingredients for Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), which are also listed below, you'll notice that there are a number of differences between the ingredients listing for the BGT and the MIF. -- That's probably why the BGT doesn't irritate your scalp. 

I hope this information helps. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Mandarin Italian Fig Cleansing Conditioner 

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bamboo Water, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bamboo Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Fig Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Bergamot Fruit Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Green Tea Extract, Seaweed Extract, Passion Fruit Flower Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, L-Valine, L-Threonine, L-Proline, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylaline, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glycerin, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Amodimethicone, Carbomer, Polysorbate-60, Polysorbate-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance. 

Fragrance Free Cleansing Conditioner 

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bamboo Water, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bamboo Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Fig Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Bergamot Fruit Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Seaweed Extract, Passion Fruit Flower Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, L-Valine, L-Threonine, L-Proline, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylaline, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glycerin, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Amodimethicone, Carbomer, Polysorbate-60, Polysorbate-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. 

Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner 

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bamboo Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Bamboo Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Passion Fruit Flower Extract, Goji Berry Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Seaweed Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Lemon Peel Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Cinnamon Bark Oil, Nutmeg Kernel Oil, Caraway Seed Oil, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-Threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylaline, L-Histidine, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Polysorbate-60, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, PCA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid. 

Information provided by WEN® 

___

Respected Contributor

Bebe, I think you are right, I had better skip the new rice conditioner.  While the ingredients in the BGT and MIF (and the new FF) are similar, the order they are listed in, and thus the concentrations, are significantly different between BGT and the other two, so the FF will probably produce the same mild irritation MIF does.  Thank you very much for listing out the ingredients of the formulas all together, I can now confidently pass on the TSV.