Honored Contributor

Re: anyone think of buying a bed from qvc do not do it.

3 weeks is too long in my opinion.  And to say they can only deliver on a certain date?   That just doesn't make sense.    You did the right thing to cancel.

But this kind of problem can happen locally as well, unless you buy from someone that has your exact bed in a local warehouse.

@tockerman wrote:

buying a bed from qvc is not a good idea? bought this todays special over 3 weeks ago finally heard from delviery service and now they say only can deliver when i will be out of town? guess what sorry I do not want the bed after waiting over three weeks for this bed I will go elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

buying a bed from qvc is not a good idea? bought this todays special over 3 weeks ago finally heard from delviery service and now they say only can deliver when i will be out of town? guess what sorry I do not want the bed after waiting over three weeks for this bed I will go elsewhere.

Have you called and talked to QVC's customer service?  I'm sure they will find a solution for you.  

Regular Contributor

When you're talking about buying a bed, I'm assuming, in my response, that you're referring to a mattress and not a headboard/bed frame:

I bought a Serta mattress set from the Q about five years ago. Quick contact by the company to set up delivery, quick arrival, very professional delivery and installation. I loved the mattress then and still love it now.

I would buy another mattress set from the Q without hesitation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Around 3 years ago I bought a Serta mattress as a TSV.  I was taking care of my mother and working full time.  Her sister wanted to come and visit and I was more than thrilled to have her.  However, I needed a new mattress for the guest bedroom desperately.

I simply didn't know what I was going to do.  I absolutely did not have time to shop for a mattress.  My daughter told me about the Serta TSV.  I watched late that night and thought what the heck.  If it didn't arrive on time there was no way I had the time to buy one locally before my aunt's scheduled visit.  And the mattress couldn't have been any worse than the old one we had in the guest room.  I think if it hadn't been for those circumstances I would have ever taken the plunge.

They called quickly and arranged the delivery date.  My husband was home when they delivered it and said they were great, not even in the house 15 minutes.  They unwrapped the new mattress and box springs, placed them in the frame and hauled away the other mattress and box springs.  Best part was it was ready when my aunt arrived.

We all really liked that mattress so much that last year I purchased another TSV through QVC for our bed. Same experience.  So at least with my 2 purchases, we did not have any problems at all.  And the best part is we really like the mattresses. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *