Honored Contributor

Thanks to everyone for describing what exactly the fabric is.  I did the same thing trying to figure out if these were crisp sheets which I don't particularly like (I'm always cold) or more blankety.  I must be in a cave not being familiar with microfiber sheets but I decided to try a set and I'm excited to get them to feel for myself.  They sound perfect.    

Respected Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

Microfiber sheets are 100% polyester so they are silky feeling, lightweight, and pretty wrinkle-free.  I have several sets purchased from different places and I like them. I don't find them to be hot to sleep on.  They do tend to slide a bit on the bed but it's not a deal breaker for me. 

Costco has nice microfiber sheet sets very reasonably priced.

Yes, Costco has had them in the past. With a floral pattern not solid. These sheets have one good quality in that they wrap around the mattress and have a wide hem...meaning they won't come off the bed easily.

This isn't a bad price and there is free s/h. They come with 4 pillow cases. Yes, 4 pillowcases.  Lori Goldstein (Logo) and QVC buyers...did you hear that! And the host even said everyone needs 4 pillowcases! Too bad the Logo Sheet set didn't come with 4 pillowcases. It didn't even have an option to buy additonal pillowcases.

I am considering getting 2 colors for my son. What is great to do is to take a differen color top sheet and bottom sheet. Mix the pillowcases as well. Give your husband one color and you use the other.  I take the darker color and my husband gets the lighter color.  My husband sweats and I don't like sleeping on his pillows. I even keep the pillows separate and have to wash his more often. Got the pillows at costco when they were on sale around $35 each a few months ago. Love them. Not to thick and soft. Those bamboo pillows...I don't care for them. Gave them to my son and his wife as she loved them when they stayed over our house.

My oldest son also sweats more at night. I usually give him cotton sheet sets. Am thinking about trying out these because of the way the sheet fits around the mattress.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Sheet question?

[ Edited ]

My favorite sheets are at Target, Threshold Vintage Washed Sheets, under $50 for king size.   Only 200 thread count, 100% percale cotton, which is not always easy to find at that price point.    They are described as "wrinkled" but they are still smooth & not what you expect from something described as wrinkled.

I'm old school when it comes to sheets, I love cotton percale.

Look it up & read the reviews

I almost forgot the best part!    2 rows of elastic on the fitted sheet.  The fit is perfect.    One row in the hem, to fit under the mattress, the other row is up a bit from the hem to actually fit on the corner

Trusted Contributor

Once I tried microfiber sheets, I got rid of all my cotton sheets and won't sleep on anything but microfiber now!  They feel smooth as silk, are cool to the touch and certainly don't make me hot sleeping on them!  And I don't like heavy sheets, so the microfiber for me, is a win win all the way around!

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

My favorite sheets are at Target, Threshold Vintage Washed Sheets, under $50 for king size.   Only 200 thread count, 100% percale cotton, which is not always easy to find at that price point.    They are described as "wrinkled" but they are still smooth & not what you expect from something described as wrinkled.

I'm old school when it comes to sheets, I love cotton percale.

Look it up & read the reviews

I almost forgot the best part!    2 rows of elastic on the fitted sheet.  The fit is perfect.    One row in the hem, to fit under the mattress, the other row is up a bit from the hem to actually fit on the corner

@software  That's what I have on now.  They are great sheets.  Thumbs up!

Honored Contributor

I've never understood the love for microfiber sheets. It's 100% polyester and polyester is man-made plastic; doesn't breathe and isn't degradable.

Why would I want to sleep wrapped in plastic?

I made the mistake (once) of buying microfiber sheets that I THOUGHT were flannel. Soft, fuzzy, nice but.... sweated like a stuffed pig, pilled, stretched this way and that... just horrible quality (and they were NOT cheap). Never again. Sad thing is, pure cotton flannel and cotton sheets are not easy to find anymore. I pay $$$ to get GOOD cotton. *heavy sigh*

Regular Contributor
I like microfiber sheets for color and designs. Those Evine sheets are cheap as heck, I don't hate the way they feel, and I love the vivid hues and the fact that they never stain.

I always get htc cotton for my son, but I got him a set of these sheets in the yellow. I hope they're count.