Regular Contributor

Anyone try the older version?  Does it help low back pain.  Getting ready to sleep in unfamiliar bed for a while and know my back will suffer.  Wondering if this would be worth the investment to use daily to relieve pain.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't tried it, but I do have an inversion table which I believe does the same thing.  It's worth a try, but would be costly sending it back. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lo-bak Trax

[ Edited ]

@imagemd  I bought the previous version when I had a lot of back pain in the Spring.  It was not my cure all ( I think my pain was more muscular based than spinal) but it definitely helped as part of everything that I did to recover from it.

You can feel your back lengthen and spine separate so if this is what you are going for (and they do say stretching your spine is a good thing to do and it does feel good), absolutely thumbs up.  It does do the job.  

Regular Contributor

I read the manual and it says if your lower back hurts your feet Have to meet your buttocks and I can't do it. 

Honored Contributor

@Yesyesyes568 wrote:

I read the manual and it says if your lower back hurts your feet Have to meet your buttocks and I can't do it. 

That's true.  If your feet are further out, it still works but you feel it higher up the back. 

Honored Contributor

@Yesyesyes568 wrote:

@Yesyesyes568.....I have back pain and have been doctoring for it all summer, I did order this and hope it helps BUT call me dense what does your statement mean (I put in red what I don't understand).  I am a visual person and cannot understand what you are saying, ha!

Regular Contributor

When you are lying flat on your back, knees in the air and feet flat on floor/bed, scoot your heels back to meet your bottom.  At least, I think this is what you are asking!!!

Honored Contributor

@lilac lover...now I get it, thanks!!  And I can do that so, I should be able to use it.

Regular Contributor

I have one (conversion table too) and use them both for spine health (no pain) since I believe when my spine is stretched I just feel better and hold myself better.  Keep the Trax next to TV and it is handier than the coversion table in basement. 
Can't speak to pain relief but can definitely feel spine lengthen.

Respected Contributor

Why couldn't one lie down in the position shown and push something like a broomstick against the upper thighs?  It seems to me that would accomplish the same thing as this fancy gadget.