Honored Contributor

Would the people who sell the kind bars keep their fingers out of the fruit, nuts, etc? I know your manis are lovely but all that handling really turns me off. And yes I am germaphobic.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Trusted Contributor
I noticed that also and I agree. Couldn't understand why they couldn't have worn those thin transparent gloves. And I am a germaphobic, too.
Trusted Contributor

They are showing products and ingredients -- they are not serving food to the public. First, being a "germaphobe" has nothing to do with food oj television -- unless QVC is sending you the leftovers, you are not impacted. Secondly, I find those who think that gloves are,. in any way, helpful. Gloves get just as dirty as hands; they are not protective unless food handlers are donning new gloves for each and every piece of food -- a silly waste.

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize that you were eating the food through your television. I hope that goes better for you than it did for that kid in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

I didn't realize that you were eating the food through your television. I hope that goes better for you than it did for that kid in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

LOL Did you see the Germack presentation a few days ago? I'm always intrigued by the way the Germack rep plows her fingers into the ingredients. Like she's showing off her nails as much as the ingredients. It's unnecessary, I think, and kinda gross.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a germaphobic, but the woman who tears the dried fruit with her fingers makes me half ill. It's gross to see the dried fruit under her nails! Common sense would say she should use a pair of clear vinyl gloves. If for no other reason, than to make people think the old guy she talks about filling the jars does, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a germaphobe, but it totally grosses me out to see vendors running their hands through the fruits and nut and other ingredients. Why not use a serving spoon? Last month I saw a QVC host running her hands through a nut mix, and her nail polish was very chipped. I was just imagining pieces of polish mixing with the mixture.

Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 KYToby said:

They are showing products and ingredients -- they are not serving food to the public. First, being a "germaphobe" has nothing to do with food oj television -- unless QVC is sending you the leftovers, you are not impacted. Secondly, I find those who think that gloves are,. in any way, helpful. Gloves get just as dirty as hands; they are not protective unless food handlers are donning new gloves for each and every piece of food -- a silly waste.

Seriously. And I personally do not want to see a person don gloves for food presentations. It would make it seem like surgery or something.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland