Respected Contributor

Re: Dyson Hair Care TSV - April 24, 2024

Oh qwap, sold out already.  Missed my chance to get it for my non-existant gift closet.

I sure don't need it for myself.  What did they have?  15 to sell???

Good luck girls! Cat LOLWoman LOLCat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Bellini13 wrote:
Sephora has the same thing for the same price.

I think it's available everywhere at that price.  Even that color.  Not so special...

Respected Contributor

@NYCMOM wrote:

Oh my goodness...for real ? 600.00 for a hair dryer? I mean if you could spend $600.00 on a hair dryer - you should be getting a blow out at the salon every other day. 

I hope this hairdryer serves you coffee in the morning too for that price. 

Be Blessed ! and make it a great day out there ! xoxoxo

My blow outs are about $50.  So for $600, I could have a blow out every other day for a month.  

However, if I replaced my weekly blow out with this, I would be saving money in the fourth month.  In that regard, an Airwrap doesn't seem so expensive to me.  It's not uncommon for the women I know to get a professional blowout regularly.

You do you though.

Trusted Contributor

@RollTide2008 do u honestly think u could get the same results yourself with this tool as a professional blowout? i know i couldn'tCat LOL

Honored Contributor

For those complaining about the price and wonder who would pay that much for a glorified curling iron, think again.

Many women have and will pay $600 for a hair tool....who are these women?

Well, the same ones who spend thousands of dollars on cosmetics.  Yes, they spend $20 here and $50 there, but in a year's time,  they have spent a fortune.

They are the same women who have enough but always looking ahead for something better....the fountain of youth, something that will be the end to all their hopes of finding the perfect product.

Of course, there are always those who actually need and use a $600 Dyson hair tool.  For them it is a bargain.

Think about it...how much do you spend on your looks?  This includes clothing, hair, nails and make-up and accessories.  

We don't need this stuff, we just want it and many will pay happily through the nose for it.

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

People complain when the TSV is a vacuum, food item, clothing, beauty, jewelry, or anything else. The last time I looked, this is QVC, not Dollar General. So what if they offer a high-end item? It obviously sells or they wouldn't keep doing them. Who are all of us to judge how anyone spends their money? Making fun of people for how they spend  their money  is downright rude. 

I completely agree.  Regardless of what the Tsv is some people will complain.  Why?  If I'm not interested in something, I don't get mad.  I throw shade at the people who do like it.  I just ignore it and move on.  And what exactly does 'iver price" mean?  People say that all the time.  I assume if THEY can't afford something, it's over priced.  I don't understand why people are angry, resentful or bitter over prices when there are many other places to shop.  QVC isn't the only game on town.  

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe   Yes, that style, though mine might be an older model, I can't tell.  It does leave my naturally super-straight hair shiny.  I just do a slight "flip-under" for a "long bob" style with it, since it's a classic flat iron you have to hold closed with your hand.  I've tried curling with it, but it leaves kinks and bends, not a smooth curl, and there's no "cold shot" to set the curl.  The Calista AirGlide's default closed plates make the curl smooth and even, and the airflow cools the curl after it comes out of the hot plates, so it sets the curl, making it very long lasting.  I tried all three sizes of the Beachwaver that QVC used to sell (or maybe still does), but those curls don't seem to last very well, either.  So far, I like the original Calista AirGlide better than the new "Pro" model, but that might just be familiarity.  I think the original plates clamp a little tighter than the Pro model, so it's easier to get a smooth curl, but I need to practice more with the Pro, maybe I'll get better results.  I've never tried the Calista Triangle device, but I had horrible results with the Perfector models, they tangled in my hair and tore it out.  So far I have been much happier using tools that don't have "teeth"!

Super Contributor

I bought the Dyson hair dryer at Costco. I had birthday money and the price was great but still expensive . It was 339.00 with all the attachments and and stand. I do love it. But for added styling my $40.00 Revlon brush is great. I love it.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen wrote:

I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall at the Q sales strategy meeting to present this thing...when they unveiled it and all the present hosts looked at each other...

The CEO stood up and said, with a serious face..."Hype the heck out of this thing....we have PLENTY of gullible customers who already paid 500 for a vacuum last weekend...what's another 600 bucks?!?!?"

Of course the hosts nod in agreement with this sage advice ( they LIKE thier jobs!!!)

Dyson must have SOMEONE at Q by the short hairs to keep them pushing this overpriced stuff....but at least they are well-coiffed short hairs!!!

They better be for 600 dollars!!!

Next week....a Dyson Air Fryer....only 1000 dollars!!

(Hey...if there's one thing Dyson is expert at, it's HOT AIR.....)

You can put it on 12 Easy Pays with the Q card!!!

Don't forget to buy one for your gift closet!!!

There are people who like Dyson and don't have a problem paying for it. I have two Dyson fans,a Dyson Vacuum (one of several I have owned)  and I bought the Dyson Hair when it was a TSV last year. 

My college-aged daughter was looking at the Shark one because it was cheaper. After using my Dyson hair set and looking at the Shark in person she said there was no comparison. Dyson won hands down. So there are people who DO spend the money on nicer things.

I personally know three people besides myself who own the Dyson hair set and love it.

Trusted Contributor

Someone I know is a buyer who was involved in negotiations to bring the Airwrap into stores. I won't say what it is, but the profit margin for this product is HUGE. This is for an organization with a much smaller distribution than QVC, which means QVC probably gets a much better cost. They are contractually obligated to the MSRP pricing. That's why you see retailers like Sephora and Ulta opt them out of sales and coupons. I know that over the past year or so, consumers have been able to enjoy discounts offered by some retailers, but it's tightly controlled

Like many goods, it's 90% marketing/branding and 10% technology. 

To those who are getting histrionic about "being told what is expensive and who you can gift it to. You old biddies are hilarious!  You should apply this energy to something useful like volunteering or learning to be polite and argue like an adult.