Respected Contributor

Dell 2-in-1 Laptop (QVC2 Big Deal)

Is anyone getting it?  I need a new device and have been using a tablet for years.  I like that this can be used in tablet mode or laptop mode.  I also like that it is touch screen and has a keyboard.  Any tech savvy people out there...is this a good buy?

Respected Contributor

Re: Dell 2-in-1 Laptop (QVC2 Big Deal)

[ Edited ]

I love Dell computers - my Dell laptop will be 9 years old in a few months - I got it from QVC.  And we're on our second Dell desktop.  

However, I would no longer buy a computer from QVC.  I bought an HP laptop for my grandson last December 1st.  After 6 months it konked out - twice.  I had to return it to HP - they fixed it as it has a 1 year warranty.  If I had bought this at Walmart for instance I could have just returned it there.  But because QVC has a 30-day return policy I could not.

Buyer beware.  

It does seem like a nice laptop though - good deal.  

Another thing - make sure you can add this to your data plan if that's important to you.  A few years ago I bought an iPad from QVC - also for my grandson - and had to return it when I found out it could not be added to data plan.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would not order any device from any shopping channel and never a Dell.. I  had nightmares years ago  with there  CS..  So no this  is not a good deal  ..  I would buy though the  source  or a best  buy. Happy shopping!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for responding.  I just saw where I can purchase it cheaper at Sam's...not sure if that would have the same issues as a shopping channel or not.

Respected Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

Thanks for responding.  I just saw where I can purchase it cheaper at Sam's...not sure if that would have the same issues as a shopping channel or not.

At least with Sam's you'll have longer than 30 days to return if you need to.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to add if you like the Dell product that much why not go with source?. Shopping channels charge more for older computer devices and bloated software  JMHO .