Esteemed Contributor

Re: 12/31 TSV Lazy Boy -so ugly

I think I am one who is concerned about how my home looks.

However, we do have two recliners - one in our FR, one in my DH’s home office/study in a room upstairs.  DH likes the comfort of recliners, and I want him to have comfort.  A devoted family man, who worked and sacrificed for his family.

Let him enjoy his recliners.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually I love my La-z-boy recliners!  I have two.   Mine are really pretty though and streamlined, more like rocker recliners, not the big, bulky type.  I would not, however buy them on line.  You are much better off going to an actual store.  I truly believe that the Q sells a "lesser qaulity" version of the chair, hence the good price.  JMO.

Also ITA with others that many people with illnesses need to sleep in recliners.  I bought mine when I was having chemo and yes I did sleep in it many nights.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline  You had me laughing SO hard.  I had forgotten how many times I've seen these recliners at the curb, for the biannual large items haul away. And, they all looked like you'd need to wear a hazmat suit to touch them.  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  You're so right!  These recliners are a necessity for many battling certain physical issues.  Young and old.  

I've personally seen several seniors who never returned to a traditional bed, after getting a good recliner. The comfort provided truly enriched their rest.   

Trusted Contributor

Nothing wrong with recliners but THIS is ugly. 

⚓️
Contributor

I was more concerned about how short the back is. Can't even lay your head back but what your head misses the entire back, which is part of the point of "reclining".  That can't be very comfortable?!

Esteemed Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

Nothing wrong with recliners but THIS is ugly. 

Then my wish for you is that you never have pain or nausea that causes you to search for comfort and a change of position.

Honored Contributor

We have a La-Z-Boy couch (recliner) and two recliner chairs in our living room and everyone who visits loves them - as do we!  We have a third recliner in our breakfast room.

I couldn't care less what other people think.  They're the set we wanted, they're comfortable for both of us and I have no regrets for buying them several years ago.  I do agree that it's probably better to go to a B&M store and try them out before buying though.

"Fashion" doesn't trump comfort in my home.

Respected Contributor

I am one of the people with a bad back who sleeps in a recliner.  I am thankful that it relieves the pressure on my spine.  I can't sleep in a traditional bed without excruciating pain.  So, even if my recliner is ugly, it serves a good purpose in my home.  I too am over the age when fashion is more important than comfort.  May you all live long lives without back pain.

Respected Contributor

Recliners are like Clark’s shoes, unattractive but utilitarian.