Trusted Contributor

Re: 12/31 TSV Lazy Boy -so ugly

I can honestly say I never stopped to view a recliner as "ugly" or "pretty".  I can say that I've said countless Thank Yous to the person who developed it.  When my beloved parents were ill, it was the recliner where they could rest the most comfortably.  I would have done anything to ease their pain.  I'd also do anything to have 5 more minutes with them.  This is what I love about the forums...all the different view points to expand my thoughts!  

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal :

I recently received delivery of my new Lazy boy recliner that I bought at our Scottsdale AZ store.  It is sleek and contemporary, not like the one on the TSV.  It has the wireless remote and I LOVE IT!  

I recently had my right knee replaced and do use the chair to elevate and ice my new knee.  However, long after my knee heals I look forward to many years of enjoying this chair so the expense was worth it to me.

Also, the delivery was absolutely as they describe.  Perfect in every way.

Respected Contributor

Nothing wrong with recliners, they can be very comforting and comfortable. BUT the upholstery is terrible. It looks like plastic and very artificial. Stylists did not do a good job on this one..

Honored Contributor

One thing I do know is that La-Z-Boy offers a multitude of fabrics and they are very high quality.  None of the ones I've seen look like "plastic".  Perhaps the TV or online photos just don't do it justice.  LOL - and what does a stylist have to do with the way a chair looks?

Respected Contributor

Don’t think it looks ugly and liked the light color one the best because it would have coordinated best with my decor. It’s the comfort people are looking for, not necessarily a high end uncomfortable decor item.
Honored Contributor

They make smaller recliners that look better. The TSV has big dimensions and would take up too much floor space in my house. Actually it's the reclining sofas that I think are ugly - backs are so high and you can't have a coffee table.

Respected Contributor

@Country girl  You're right.  I hadn't noticed that, but on looking again, the back is too short for such a large recliner, otherwise.  It seems really off.   

Honored Contributor

It's who makes it that gets to me!  We have had nothing but problems with Lazy-Boy, from their fabrics to nuts and bolts falling out of the bottom of the chairs.  Yes  they will send someone to "repair" what's wrong but they never permanently resolved the issues.  We've purchased LB recliners since the 70's starting with one with wood arms.  We've also had overstuffed ones, a leather one and finally a whole suite of living room furniture ($5k)..... the result is that I will never, ever buy a Lazy-Boy product again.  Yes, it was THAT bad!  Unfortunately.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I love recliners, as long as the back is tall enough to cradle my head while lying backward.

Some models, in general, backs are too short/low.  So one's head wouldn't be supported.

This particular one looks high enough, as long as a person isn't overly tall.

Btw, elevating the feet and legs is a good idea for most seniors, and probably everyone.

I know several folks who lived to be in their late nineties, and always seemed to be sitting in their recliners, watching TV, legs elevated.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

It's who makes it that gets to me!  We have had nothing but problems with Lazy-Boy, from their fabrics to nuts and bolts falling out of the bottom of the chairs.  Yes  they will send someone to "repair" what's wrong but they never permanently resolved the issues.  We've purchased LB recliners since the 70's starting with one with wood arms.  We've also had overstuffed ones, a leather one and finally a whole suite of living room furniture ($5k)..... the result is that I will never, ever buy a Lazy-Boy product again.  Yes, it was THAT bad!  Unfortunately.

I have had better luck.  I bought my husband a leather Lazy Boy for his 40th birthday.  he will be 67 in a few weeks and the chair is still in my family room and still well loved and used every day.

I have never had a problem with it

I also have two outdoor Lazy Boy recliners that I purchased last spring.  I have bad knees and needed something to elevate my legs at our camp.  The recliners ore on the deck outside of my RV.  I got two because I knew my DH would want one once he tried mine out.  He loves it and so do the neighbors.

I often have to kick them out of my chair.  They can sit on my other patio furniture and be comfy, I can't.

I am sorry the brand was disappointing for you.