Honored Contributor

"The Lion in Winter" -- Hepburn and O'Toole on TCM today

I saw it when it was released in 1968 and it remains my favorite film of all time.

It's on this morning (9 AM Pacific, 10 AM Mountain, 11 AM Central, 12 PM Eastern).  If you haven't seen it, drop everything and watch!

The Lion in Winter

I've read the play and I've seen the film both a zillion times.  I own the DVD and will still watch today.

I always snot up at the end.  The cast is brilliant.  The soundtrack, the script...

Like I said, drop everything!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Re: "The Lion in Winter" -- Hepburn and O'Toole on TCM today

Great film.  I recently saw part of this on TV (can't remember which channel) recently.  Anthony Hopkins plays one of the sons/princes.  Richard, maybe? 

Hepburn is a delight to watch.  Her timing and delivery is perfect.

Honored Contributor

Excellent acting, realistic settings, hold your attention story line, this and much more is the Lion in Winter!  This is a quality movie, one that still holds its place in movie history as being on top.  I too recommend it , great tv viewing!

Trusted Contributor

I noticed Timothy Dalton is in (his debut from what I read).

But I've got it on now and truthfullly - I'm struggling with it. I really don't like Hepburn. I don't think I'm going to make it to the end.

Honored Contributor

As with many things with a mostly British cast, I enjoy the supporting players as much as the leads. Peter O'Toole is magnificent in this, but I loved Anthony Hopkins, John Castle (Geoffrey) and Timothy Dalton (Philip). I have never been a Katharine Hepburn fan. I just don't "get" what's supposed to make her so special. Her mannerisms irritate me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all