Honored Contributor

Friday 7/21/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And now we know! Jessica won the Halting Hex and opted not to use it last night as Dominique was sent packing. I'm not suprised as Jessica had gotten a very favorable edit with Cody leaving last Thursday. She also shows potential of being one of the few players left in the game who isn't blindly doing whatever Paul says. His minions are all being carefully managed by Paul, but Jessica is largely outside his ring of manipulation.That made her a popular vote with the anti-Paul crowd.

As the show ended, Paul had figured out that Jessica won the temptation and was rallying his minons to go against her. That may not work out so well for Paul. With his safety gone, if he pushes his followers too hard, they may just start to think for themselves again and do what's best for their game instead of what's best for his. Knowing Jessica has a power and it's likely a big power, might just make her more popular with her former allies and have them slide her way more than Paul's.

We did learn something interesting last night. Julie said the curse would be revealed to the house on next Thursday's show. I'd been assuming the return of the house guest would be the curse, but apparently not. It sounds like a new comp of some sort may be coming to fill the Sunday show (hopefully not the Battle of the Block again.) They've been filling the Sunday show with the Den of Temptation and also the end of the endurance comps, but they can't do an endurance comp each week and with the Den of Temptation closing they need filler for the Sunday show. We used to have the Have Not comp on Sundays, but BB didn't think that added enough drama. My guess is we'll see the Battle of the Block return with two HOH's again. It's a "fan favorite" after all. (Even if the fans pretty much uniformly hate it.)

Rumors are swirling that the four evictees were made into two teams with each team competing to return to the house as a pair. Since Megan took an unplanned walk the house is short a houseguest already. (Partially why BB is bending over backwards to keep Christmas in the game too. Losing two houseguests in the first four weeks would really put them in a bind.) The rumored teams are Cody/Jillian and Dominique/Cameron. I'm not sure how much faith I put into that rumor, but it's out there and we'll find out tonight if it's true or not. It makes sense from a timing standpoint however. It also gives the returnees a better shot at surviving since there's two of them and only one could be evicted.

If the rumored Cody/Jillian team were to return and Jillian sided with Jessica and Cody, that three person alliance could be a decent counter to the alliances in the house. Jillian might be able to help them pull in Ramses also and maybe even Josh. With Matt and Mark still feeling some loyalty to Cody, the Paul side of the house could get pretty small, pretty quickly.

We'll find out more after tonight's special show. By tomorrow morning we should know who the returnee/returnees are and who's the new HOH. Paul's minions are more or less planning to throw it to him, but Josh also wants to win it, and I suspect Mark is a tad nervous about his place now with much of the house having wanted him up as a pawn and his ally Dominique having been voted out. I'd be surprsed to see Mark quit the comp or throw it to anyone. Elena is also likely to be fighting hard to win this week after ceding the HOH to Alex last week and then almost losing Mark.

Who won't win HOH? I'd be shocked if Kevin won it. Winning the HOH would force him to pick a side and he's good in the middle for now. I think Matt and Raven think they're safe for now and likely won't try hard to win. Christmas likely won't win it with her foot injury. It's unlikely to be a Q&A comp since Cameron could be competing and he was only there for a few hours, so that would mean a physical comp and Christmas is still disabled in physical comps. Cameron will need some time in the house before they do a Q&A comp if they want to be even remotely fair. I suspect he still doesn't know everyone's names, let alone what happened when.

So tonight's show will answer a few questions for us. This Sunday's show will feature the HOH comp. Then on Thursday's show we'll find out what new comp CBS has planned for next Sunday's show. Sadly my gut says it'll be the return of the Battle of the Block and we'll have two HOH's on Thursday night. That gives them something to use the Den for (the second HOH room)  and also gives them filler for Sunday's show.

So, don't forget the show tonight and we'll see who returns to the game. Maybe just one houseguest, but also possibly two since Megan took a hike and we could still lose Christmas if she reinjures her foot or develops a complication.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Friday 7/21/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

I really can't understand how Jessica won the Den of Temptation this time. I assumed she will return to her mean, nasty self again. Gardenman, am I wrong but didn't Cody tell Paul he wanted to work with him if he came back. I could see Paul taking him up on it since he is working with the whole house this year. All in all, I'm one of those who likes Paul and I hope he goes far in this game.  He is smart and very likable and deserves a chance to win.  Alex is another one who is playing an excellent game but she needs to get rid of big mouth Jason first.  The rest of the house is floating along, no strong players there.

Kevin is obnoxious.  I can't wait until he gets put up on the block or becomes a Have Not.  He will complain to no end about it.  

Anyway, I don't know what the curse will be but I hope Cody doesn't come back.  I much prefer Cameron.  He needs a shot at this game.  

Valued Contributor

Didn't Cody tell Paul, that if Cody were to come back into the house, he would want to work with Paul?

If Cody does come back, and wants to work with Paul, do you think Jessica would go along with him, or do you think she would try to change his mind about working with Paul?

I hate the idea of Cody and Paul working together.  I think if they team up, they could easily control the house, until they decide to turn on each other, again. I would much rather see them on opposite sides, going after each other.  But, I'm betting if Cody comes back, that they will work together for awhile, anyway.

Honored Contributor

@CaliKat wrote:

Didn't Cody tell Paul, that if Cody were to come back into the house, he would want to work with Paul?

If Cody does come back, and wants to work with Paul, do you think Jessica would go along with him, or do you think she would try to change his mind about working with Paul?

I hate the idea of Cody and Paul working together.  I think if they team up, they could easily control the house, until they decide to turn on each other, again. I would much rather see them on opposite sides, going after each other.  But, I'm betting if Cody comes back, that they will work together for awhile, anyway.

Cody will never work with Paul. He would have said anything to him at the time. In fact, I think both Jessica and Cody will make it their business to get him out. They are smarter than some of them there that don't seem to realize he was 2nd last year. Getting him out as soon as possible will help them to win.

Regular Contributor

I'm with you Granny77 - I don't understand how Jessica won the temptation.  Being the cynical person I am, I believe it's fixed and Cody will come back into the house, the chaos will ensue . . . .    I'm kind of losing interest this season.  I've stopped watching BBAD and rely on Gardenman for his fabulously detailed recaps each morning.

Respected Contributor

@demanda and @GRANNY77, Jessica didn't 'win' the temptation.  America voted to give her the temptation.

I am starting to really dislike Josh.  Of course, he did not deserve a face full of whatever Mark (I think--I'm still trying to learn names) threw at him and I'm actually surprised the aftermath didn't become physical.

Respected Contributor

I think Cody would have support from people who have been in the military.   I think Cody misread how to play this game.  

I wondered if with this temptation they would bring all  4 back and reset the game.

Respected Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I think Cody would have support from people who have been in the military.   I think Cody misread how to play this game.  

I wondered if with this temptation they would bring all  4 back and reset the game.

OMG

Wow, what a theory!

I don't think that Cody working with Paul is outside the bounds of possibility.

He might.

Look at how almost gaga Cody got over Alex because of how she performed in ONE competition!

He kept saying that he respected her for it, & then when Paul masterminded Cody's demise, Cody said to him 'respect' - probably mainly because he considered Paul another alpha male.

BTW, last night I was bitterly disappointed.

I got all set up to watch the show, & for some reason, it wasn't on the DVR!

Grr.

Thanks, Gman for all you do!

Muddling through...
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to see 2 HGs return - I like that theory.  But wouldn't the Halting Hex remedy them losing a houseguest early in the season?  If that cancels someone's eviction that is.

Respected Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

If they are only going to bring back two I hope they pair  Dom and Cody and the other two. I just don't care for  Jillian.   But then who knows what they are going to do.