Trusted Contributor

Re: Who Do You Think You Are

Tonight's show with Julie Chen was very interesting. Regarding the shows featuring African-American guests, they have mentioned that most records only go back to the days of slavery. So, other than possibly tracing the plantation they worked on, or their sale into slavery, there are very few records, unfortunately. Most slave records did not mention the slaves by name, only by age, which makes identification difficult.
Super Contributor

I recorded it, but... wasn't it on an hour earlier in past seasons?

Honored Contributor

It was a great episode. I can't help with the time since I have a season pass and never watch it live.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

AncestryDNA Makes Scientific Breakthrough in West African Ethnicity - See more at:

http://blogs.ancestry.com/techroots/ancestrydna-makes-scientific-breakthrough-in-west-african-ethni...

African American records can tell you stories about your ancestors' lives.
African American Family History Research: Breaking the 1870 Wall

Regular Contributor

Now I have something to watch on Sundays since Downton Abbey is done for this year. It is interesting to trace your roots. However, it is very easy for the pro's who have the means and time plus the money to do the leg work. I wish I was in a position to trace my ancestry back to Italy. Ancestry.com can only take you so far.
Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2015 tishkins said: Now I have something to watch on Sundays since Downton Abbey is done for this year. It is interesting to trace your roots. However, it is very easy for the pro's who have the means and time plus the money to do the leg work. I wish I was in a position to trace my ancestry back to Italy. Ancestry.com can only take you so far.

They might have come a long ways since the time you used them and they have other means now with a forum I did not DNA and found others plus for a modes fee you can hire someone to do it for you or help to what ever you need...

http://www.ancestry.com/