Respected Contributor

Hi folks.  Season 4 starts on January 14th on HBO.  Jodie Foster stars in this one.  One of my favorite series!  Can't decide whether to wait until all episodes are out and binge or watch it as it unfolds.  Streaming makes that decision harder!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: True Detective, Season 4

I am looking forward to watching this,  too!

Esteemed Contributor

Can't wait . Have  recently  revisted the earlier  seasons  I, II, III.  Excellent acting in all the seasons and unforgetable music picked by T Bone Burnett . All seasons had a haunting  theme song.

Another series  with alot of adult themes and foul language  but  great acting  and intricate storyline was called 

" Quarry   " with  Logan Marshall -Green  who was also in  the movie Prometheus . Unfortunately , no season 2.

" The series premiered on Cinemax on September 9, 2016. In May 2017, it was announced that the series had been canceled. "

"

"Quarry is the story of Mac Conway, a Marine who returns home to Memphis from Vietnam in 1972 and finds himself shunned by those he loves and demonized by the public."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I marked my iPad calendar to alert me at 7 PM. It can't be auto tuned yet because the time of day it will air first is TBA.

Respected Contributor

I can't wait! Jodie Foster is great in anything she does. I will probably watch it weekly or maybe 2 at a time.

quality tv! A little OT but i wish there would be a 2 season of Mare of Eastown. On HBO if you haven't seen it.

Valued Contributor

I'm looking forward to it.  Watched Season 1 and 2 but somehow missed 3.  Jodie Foster is a fantastic actress and it's been so long since I've seen her in anything new.

Respected Contributor

@PatriciaG wrote:

I'm looking forward to it.  Watched Season 1 and 2 but somehow missed 3.  Jodie Foster is a fantastic actress and it's been so long since I've seen her in anything new.

@PatriciaG 

I've been a Jodi Foster fan since she was in children's movies in the 60's.  I think that she is extraordinarily talented.   There's a fairly recent movie with her on Netflix called Nyad that you may enjoy. I  know I did.  Annette Benning is in it too.

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 , Nyad was a good movie.  I enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder the new season starts tonight on HBO and MAX with 6 episodes I believe. 

Honored Contributor

Just wondering did anyone watch last night? I'm usually very good with following a plot and get things, I kind of am not sure what is going on. It's the first episode, so maybe we're not suppose to get it yet.