Honored Contributor

Re: Trading Spaces Reboot - who watched?

Never watched the show before but recorded this reboot to watch.  It looks really good.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I loved the original show and even though I knew the designs were, for the most part, not that great, I was actually shocked when I watched the reruns at how bad most of the rooms really were.  It was a fun show to watch though and I did enjoy Saturday's episode plus the reunion. 

The only designers I'd want are Laurie Smith and Vern Yip.I'm looking forward to seeing Sabrina Soto on the show as I always felt she had great taste on her former HGTV shows.  I'm also looking forward to seeing Joanie Sprague as I was a huge America's NExt Top Model fan in the early years.  I believe she is a carpenter.  

I liked the new changes they added....$2,000.00 (although that is still not enough), two carpenters instead of one and the items from Wayfair.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed it. The designers I'd trust most would be Laurie, Frank, and Genevieve. All three would typically try to do what the homeowners wanted. Doug and Hildi, no.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I think Ty aged the most!  He looked a lot older than just the ten years that have passed.  I would only want Vern or Frank in my house (and Sabrina in the reboot).  

But I still love me some Carter!!!

Carter and Ty will be the designers next week, interesting to see what they do.  I suppose they will have two different carpenters to do the work.  

The budget is better at $2k, but still not enough.  

And Paige, get over yourself!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Watching the reunion was fun and I'm sure I'll enjoy watching the process of the upcoming projects.  I pity anyone who gets Hildi as their designer, though.  She hasn't changed a bit with her pushing the limits of weirdness.  I did not like that office-spare bedroom at all other than the concept of having a murphy bed so the room would be more useable on a regular basis.  What houseguest would want to sleep in that room, though?  I wan't crazy about the tropical bedroom either with the brown and lime green.  They don't strike me as comforting or romantic bedroom colors.  I would have preferred lighter taupes, creams, and aquas for the color palette.

Respected Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

I think Ty aged the most!  He looked a lot older than just the ten years that have passed.  I would only want Vern or Frank in my house (and Sabrina in the reboot).  

But I still love me some Carter!!!

Carter and Ty will be the designers next week, interesting to see what they do.  I suppose they will have two different carpenters to do the work.  

The budget is better at $2k, but still not enough.  

And Paige, get over yourself!!!

The last line confuses me.  What makes you say that?  Not being mean but just curious.  I never got that impression from her at all after watching her for years on TS.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched and will most likely watch again.  That being said, the rooms looked terrible.  Yes, with $2,000 and two days most of us could do better.  I don't like how the designers hold back on what all the plans for the room are.  The couples were suppose to choose an item from the "Wayfair" driveway LOL and they didn't know the whole design plan.  I am the type that during the homework night, I would be doing my own designing if I hated what was happening the first day.  I would have to have some paint and other things hidden away in another room. 

Vern is the only one I would want doing my room. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Actually, I think a better show would be to go back to these homeowners and see what the rooms like today. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I have always felt, and maybe it is the show more than Paige, @SWEET, but she seems to me to be a little bit in love with herself.    IMO

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Ever since they brought it back, they have been showing the older shows all day long.

Not  a fan of then or now..