Trusted Contributor

Trading Spaces Reboot - who watched?

It was so nice to see this show return! It's on TLC. Like an old friend you haven't seen for quite awhile. The reunion show was fun to see as everyone remininsced, and then to see the first new episode after that just felt so comfortable again. Hard to believe it's been over 10 years since the show was in production.

Saturday night television just got better in my house!

Honored Contributor

Re: Trading Spaces Reboot - who watched?

@LonestarBabs

I watched.  I didn't know about the reunion show first, so it was an extra hour I wasn't planning on.

Image may contain: 14 people, people smiling, people sitting

I am interested to see Sabrina Soto again. She did good work on HGTV.

Image result for trading spaces sabrina soto

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I happened upon it and have to say I might or might not watch again. I thought the personalities were somewhat annoying and those two rooms they did were awful. The bedroom looked worse than amateurish and the guest room would give people nightmares. The woman for whom the guest room was done was very gracious. She kept saying she was impressed by the amount of effort that went into it, but she never could bring herself to say she liked it. I don't blame her. Still, I'm glad to see a decorating show and am hopeful future weeks will demonstrate more talent, better decor, less fake enthusiam and less 'decorator' experimentation and self-indulgence. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Let's face it, they weren't the best the first time around. With the chintzy budget, a lot of things looked too "do-it-yourselfy."

Honored Contributor

I saw it was on, but didn't watch it.  In the day, I liked the show.  Not sure how I feel about the remake.  I figured the show would get aired again during the week and I'll catch it then.

Honored Contributor

I saw the reunion, fell asleep shortly after the episode started.

I thought they all looked pretty darn good for being 10 years older!  

Valued Contributor

I watched tyhe reunion and the reboot.  I enjoyed the reunion; but Doug and Hilde havn't changed a bit.

Their makeovers were terrible.  I know there are better designs coming from the other designers.

I will watch again next week.

Esteemed Contributor

Did they increase the budget? Also, can’t remember - how many days do they do the remodel?

I enjoyed the first few seasons, but some of the designs were way too out there (particularly Doug and Hilde’s - no surprise they were apparently the designers in the first show.)
Trusted Contributor

I liked seeing them all 10 years later -- they look great, but when they did the montage of all the "bad" re-dos it reminded me why I quit watching this show.  They started going for the "shock" factor --- and even the two re-dos were terrible last night.  I will not continue to watch if it's the bad -- shock make overs.  I feel bad for the people.

Regular Contributor

I watched off and on.  Doug and Hildi haven't changed a bit -- way too much gluing and outlandish stuff on the walls.  I would like to see what the homeowners do after the crew has left.  Let's repaint and get rid of all the cr** they did.

Not much has changed other than they get $2000 now.  there are much better and more realistic design shows on now.