Honored Contributor

Re: Trading Spaces Reboot - who watched?

I was too @Icegoddess.  

The only thing I wasn't really crazy about was the brass wallpaper in Genevive's room.  From certain angles it reminded me of a wall of safety deposit boxes in the bank.

Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't in love with either room....there were parts I loved and parts I hated in each room.  Genevive's Moroccan nook just looked out of place with the rest of her bedroom and I thought it looked cheap & tacky.   Vern's bedroom also had a small nook but was it ever discussed?  It looked like Vern had it stuffed with a china buffet filled with china and some sort of chaise lounge chair.  I think I remember them unloading the chair from a van but I don't recall it ever being mentioned.  

I don't mind TS mixing it up having the carpenters as designers and Nate & Jeremiah designing a room but I'd rather see several episodes with the original and new designers first.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw the first show and have forgotten it's on since then. I think I'll probably keep it that way. I'd much rather see someone do a show that doesn't involve decorators insisting on doing everything outside the box and where the budget is a bit more realisitic, so results might actually be appealing. Positive changes can be made using a moderate budget and without having the finished product look over the top or ridiculous. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I saw the first show and have forgotten it's on since then. I think I'll probably keep it that way. I'd much rather see someone do a show that doesn't involve decorators insisting on doing everything outside the box and where the budget is a bit more realisitic, so results might actually be appealing. Positive changes can be made using a moderate budget and without having the finished product look over the top or ridiculous. 

@stevieb. ITAw/you.  I watched the first 3 (?) episodes and bored with it already. 

Respected Contributor

I have never watched this show before watched last 2 weeks.  Quite amusing but the lady who introduces it - for me - is really over the top seems loud and very intrusive doing silly things - will watch again and mute when she is 'performing.

Also watched Nate and Jeremiah show loved that they are great designers loved their work.

Honored Contributor

Well, this week's homeowners won the Trading Spaces lottery.  Nate & Jeremiah as the designers?  Wow!  Never will they have an episode with such good taste in both houses.  What I really liked, as opposed to the other episodes, you got to see what COULD be tastefully done with around $2000.  Of course, that's assuming you have the ability to do all the work (which one of the homeowners did).  Now, each homeowner luckily had some of the materials already also.  So that was quite fortunate. 

I was wondering how N&J were going to handle all the hands-on aspect of it since they normally don't do that; they hire contractors for that.  I guess that's why they brought Frank in to help.  

I loved what they did with both rooms.  Looks like next week is going to be 180 degrees in the opposite direction.  I think I heard something about a stripper pole in the teaser.  

Honored Contributor

I've been enjoying this new season.  Next week Clinton Kelly is supposed to be on.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN