Honored Contributor

I watched this show for the 1st time yesterday...................all I can say is WOW...

These parents are nuts....they are raising little girls who are going to have major problems now and later in life.

One mom was giving the kid Red Bull to drink-I couldn't believe it.

And the money they spend is out of control.............

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor
I don't know how any of this pagent stuff is even legal. To me, it is a form of child abuse.
Respected Contributor

Another gem from TLC.  I think that used to stand for The Learning Channel but I'm not sure if that's still true.

Contributor

I have watched it for several years and am fascinated by the mothers ...I can't imagine going through all the time and expense to have someone judge my child.  I'm not crazy about the new season having two coaching businesses competing, The women coaches seem to compete for facetime...

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

Another gem from TLC.  I think that used to stand for The Learning Channel but I'm not sure if that's still true.

It's more like The Lewd Channel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

It's more like The Lewd Channel.

I was thinkin' The Lowlife Channel.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The parents, most of whom don't appear to be wealthy people, become addicted to these pageants.  They spend unreasonable sums on costumes, stylists, modeling lessons, transportation, hotels, make-up and accessories to the detriment of the rest of the family.  Funny, when pageants are removed from the kid's lives, they move on to something else and really don't seem to care.

i think the moms are trying to live vicariously through their kids.  Most of them obviously we're not beauty pageant material.  Consider Honeybooboo.

I agree forcing little girls to participate in these pageants borders on child abuse.  Many would obviously like to be somewhere else.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
@Kachina624 - I didnt think of that, but now that you mention it, an addiction is exactly what it is for most of the parents.
Honored Contributor

I didn't know this show was still on.

However, it's perfect for The Lunatic Channel.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@Winkk yep.  TLC used to be affiliated with NASA when it first aired.  Now it's garbage tv.