Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

TLC had yanked this little gem off of the air after the JonBenet scandal but apparently now has resurrected it which surprised me as they got a ton of grief for what exactly has been highlighted on this thread but then again they brought back the Duggar's in a different form so I guess they follow the money.

@momtochloe, you must be thinking of a different show,  Jon Benet was murdered in 1996 and Toddlers and Tiaras didn't even start airing until 2008 or 2009.  T&T was cancelled or on hiatus for three years but just recently began airing again a few weeks ago.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I can not watch it.  It is watching child abuse - it is not okay the way these young children are treated.

I totally agree.  It is child abuse in my book. These parents are sending a wrong message to these very young children.  

Honored Contributor

While I do find the whole thing repugnant, what really seems so profoundly wrong is that they are allowed to feed them Red Bull and stuff like that.  How is that not illegal?    Talk about abuse!     

Caffeine is addictive and they probably have to keep consuming it, otherwise they have bad headaches and all the other reasons that little kids don't need to be consuming all that caffeine.  OH my goodness!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Hate this show and can't stand how they are taking away these kids childhoods. That gets done soon enough in this day and age. When I see it on I just click it off. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

While I do find the whole thing repugnant, what really seems so profoundly wrong is that they are allowed to feed them Red Bull and stuff like that.  How is that not illegal?    Talk about abuse!     

Caffeine is addictive and they probably have to keep consuming it, otherwise they have bad headaches and all the other reasons that little kids don't need to be consuming all that caffeine.  OH my goodness!  Smiley Sad

I agree. A few weeks ago I saw an episode where the mom gave several pixie sticks right before the child performed.  That's essentially straight sugar.  Last night a mom and coach were questioning why the little girl wasn't acting as expected, and I'm wondering why they even had to ask considering the highs and lows the child was probably feeling after drinking Red Bull.   I think some of those tantrums might be related to all the caffeine and sugar rush.