Super Contributor

Re: Scoop: Susan Sarandon to Play Marilyn Monroe's Mom in Lifetime Miniseries

We're not showing lots of love for Li-Lo here, are we? LOL!

Take a look at these photo galleries:

Stars Who've Channeled Marilyn Monroe - Huffington Post

15 Marilyn Monroe copycats | Gallery | Glo (#8 is Li-Lo as MM)

Famous Actresses That Look Like Marilyn Monroe - Ranker

Which Actress Makes The Hottest Marilyn Monroe?

There are many I'd never thought of or even heard of, for that matter. Casting Directors certainly have a plethora of choices. Or perhaps they'll find a virtual unknown walking through a shopping mall or working the supermarket checkout or scooping ice-cream at Coldstone Creamery.

Honored Contributor

Bravo, Keri, for what you said. (I am morally opposed to quotes, so I guess I can't use it.)

Honored Contributor

I bet they will go for an unknown, someone to play MM from maybe her late teens to age 36 when she died.

Super Contributor

keri thanks for the heads up. What about the actress form Smash Megan Hilty ( can't remember her last name) , I would you to know that I appreciate your posts and the reason this is my favorite forum is that we all have respect for each other.

Honored Contributor

Thanks keri for the posting Thank Java for the 'cool down memo'. We are all TV lovers or rather lovers of TV (whatever works best), Ha!

Anyway, I think she's beautiful. I can see her moving into less vixen roles. Although she certainly could pull off those roles too! I didn't used to like her because she was so outspoken liberal. Some is good, too much not so good.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know keri. You always are so kind to let us know and keep up up to date.

Super Contributor

To be absolutely honest, LoveShelties, I, too, thought about Broadway veteran Megan Hilty, but when it comes to another TV series, I surmised it's a case of "once burned, twice shy."

In 2013, Hilty appeared on an Independence Day special; unsure whether it was PBS or one of the others.

I wondered what else she's done since Smash crashed and burned, thanks to NBC's total indifference, disrespectful schedule changing and paucity of promotion. Surprise!

How Megan Hilty Survived TV Flops 'Smash' and 'Sean Saves

Megan Hilty Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Girl Viola Philomena

Re: the photo in the second article - Doesn't her husband, Brian Gallagher, look like Matthew Perry of Friends?

For images of Megan, including one of her as Marilyn, check the upper right corner of:
https://www.google.com/search?q=megan+hilty&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=&o...

Esteemed Contributor

I could see M. Hilty as MM. I also wondered about Agnes Bruckner, who played Anna Nicole Smith & the girlfriend of the Craig's List Killer in the Lifetime movies.

Honored Contributor

Ooh, I really like Agnes Bruckner. She would be a good choice.

Honored Contributor

I agree with love. We all do respect each other's posts. We don't have to agree all of the time, but we at least respect each other's posts.

Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 keri said:

To be absolutely honest, LoveShelties, I, too, thought about Broadway veteran Megan Hilty, but when it comes to another TV series, I surmised it's a case of "once burned, twice shy."

In 2013, Hilty appeared on an Independence Day special; unsure whether it was PBS or one of the others.

I wondered what else she's done since Smash crashed and burned, thanks to NBC's total indifference, disrespectful schedule changing and paucity of promotion. Surprise!

How Megan Hilty Survived TV Flops 'Smash' and 'Sean Saves

Megan Hilty Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Girl Viola Philomena

Re: the photo in the second article - Doesn't her husband, Brian Gallagher, look like Matthew Perry of Friends?

For images of Megan, including one of her as Marilyn, check the upper right corner of:
https://www.google.com/search?q=megan+hilty&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=&o...

keri, yes he does resemble Matthew Perry.