Respected Contributor

Project Runway: 10/16 Episode (spoilers)

I actually liked all the collections, but what the heck good does it do the designers to give them feedback a day before they have to show? It's just a drama creator and poor Kini has to redo most of his collection.

I think Sean's needed the least amount of tweaking. It should be easy for him to remove some of the fringe. Tim strikes again by telling him to amp up the fringe even though the judges told him to back off the fringe and then he gets dinged for it. I have to wonder if Tim isn't unconsciously sabotaging everyone for Shar's benefit.

I liked Kini's looks, but I am middle aged, so that would be my demographic. He can just restyle and make his looks more modern and they did give him some good suggestions. I hope he brought extra pieces.

I loved the maxi dress that they told Amanda to ditch. LOL. I think shortening it will make it work.

Shar's petal dress looks too much like Leanne's from a previous season, so I don't know. I don't think she is going to win, but I hope she does style everything differently.

Carry On!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Project Runway: 10/16 Episode (spoilers)

I think I am swayed by how much I like the designer. I like Amanda a lot so I thought hers was the best. I am not a fan of Char so I didn't like her styles. I am on the fence with Kini and Sean. I do like that Sean is from New Zealand so that will probably affect the way I view his clothing. I'd make a c*r*a*ppy judge. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I just do not think that Char's level of style and design is at the same level as the other contestants! I cannot imagine that she would win the top prize. I felt bad for Kini, but also thought his clothing was very dark and somber. I did like Sean's and Amanda's items. I also agree that telling the contestants - that they have to make changes ONE DAY before the big show - is cruel and unnecessary. They could have seen some of the clothing a bit earlier.

Trusted Contributor

I think that Kini has taken for granted that he is good; he always is done so early and talks about being bored etc. This threw him for a loop. It is time that he realizes that he is not always going to be the best with the least amount of work.

As for the others.... I have to see the whole collections to make a real judgment. I know I was really surprised to see that expensive material from Rome used the way Char used it... I pictured it as a beautiful evening gown.... and I do feel that too much of the fringe is not good for Sean.

Valued Contributor

Love Project Runway - this is what I posted on the Viewpoints thread about this episode:

I have been a fan of Kini's all season, but the 3 looks he showed were a bit disappointing. The dress/coat was fantastic, but, to me, it seemed to overwhelm the model, it just looked HUGE on her. I also was not a fan of the skirt with the tight belt below the hips. I did think the judges were really tough on him, but hopefully he can get over the initial disappointment and get out a 2-3 other pieces.

Sean's pieces were good, but I hope he doesn't have any other fringed pieces. I like fringe, A LOT, but I am tired of seeing the same kind of fringe over and over. There are a lot of different ways to do fringe, but he keeps doing the same way over and over. I did like his white dress and the crop top/skirt, but I was bored with the fringe on the jumpsuit. He has a great story for his line too. I am curious to see the other pieces for sure!

I like Char's b/w dress, that was cute, but the piece made from the material from Italy - I thought the shorts were a little short, but maybe that style is back? The judges didn't say anything about it. I like her dress with the bow, I didn't understand what Zac said about it so I need to find out what his objection was. We know she has some interesting pieces (like that turquoise dress) so I am definitely interested in seeing her whole collection.

I know many people don't like Amanda, but I really do. I liked all three of her pieces and could see them selling immediately, but, like Sean's fringe, she has to stop with all the maxi-dresses. Hopefully she will fix the one and the other two will be the only maxis in her show, though she really has a gift for designing them. Her material and color choices are always good.

As far as who wins, I think everyone, except Char, deserves it. They all were excellent for the whole season. This is the first time I have felt this way, I am usually rooting for one designer at this point, but I really like Kini, Amanda and Sean. I like Char too, but I don't think she is quite at the same level as the other three. Should be a great finale!!

Trusted Contributor

I can't believe I am going to say this but I too liked Amanda's 3 pieces. I liked the maxi dress. I think it will work as a short dress as well.

I liked Sean's as well, not the white one so much. He does have to eliminate some of the fringe.

Not a fan of any of Char's looks. To me she just does not belong in the final four. Hers are not as well constructed as all the others.

I honestly did not like any of Kini's. He is a good designer, I am just not a fan of denim. Not in an all over look. I love my jeans, but I do not want to be head to toe in denim.

After Thursday's episode I think it is between Amanda and Sean. But who knows I have been wrong almost every season.

Is anyone going to watch the new show Threads. I saw the preview. I do not think I will be watching.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/18/2014 lenapecci said:

I can't believe I am going to say this but I too liked Amanda's 3 pieces. I liked the maxi dress. I think it will work as a short dress as well.

I liked Sean's as well, not the white one so much. He does have to eliminate some of the fringe.

Not a fan of any of Char's looks. To me she just does not belong in the final four. Hers are not as well constructed as all the others.

I honestly did not like any of Kini's. He is a good designer, I am just not a fan of denim. Not in an all over look. I love my jeans, but I do not want to be head to toe in denim.

After Thursday's episode I think it is between Amanda and Sean. But who knows I have been wrong almost every season.

Is anyone going to watch the new show Threads. I saw the preview. I do not think I will be watching.

Saw the preview for Threads...the kids seem so bratty and mean. Will probably not watch....

Honored Contributor

I won't be watching threads. I dislike obnoxious children.
Respected Contributor

I dislike any of the shows that feature children, whether obnoxious or not. Chopped, Master Chef, etc.....I wonder who finds these shows appealing.
Respected Contributor

On 10/19/2014 Danky said: I dislike any of the shows that feature children, whether obnoxious or not. Chopped, Master Chef, etc.....I wonder who finds these shows appealing.
I totally agree, DANKY!