Valued Contributor

Saturday Night Live with Ryan Gosling

Last Sat's show with host Ryan Gosling was a dissappointment to me. I don't know if he had a cold or what but his singing voice was very hoarse. Also in every skit he broke character and started laughing. I could barely understand what he was saying in every skit. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Saturday Night Live with Ryan Gosling

@elruth I like Ryan but did notice what your saying.  I always wonder how comedians can do their skit without breaking out laughing themselves, I know I couldn't.

Esteemed Contributor

@elruth wrote:

Last Sat's show with host Ryan Gosling was a dissappointment to me. I don't know if he had a cold or what but his singing voice was very hoarse. Also in every skit he broke character and started laughing. I could barely understand what he was saying in every skit. 

@elruth I was looking forward to the show too, but I also was disappointed.  It seems for years now, SNL is lucky to have one truly funny skit each week and the rest are kind of duds.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Liked it.  Maybe I'm silly that time of night?  Bevis and Butthead was so funny.  And the alien sketch with Kate is always good for laughs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Watching the cast breaking up is one of the best parts of watching live television!  They aren't making a feature film.

I would be disappointed if it didn't happen!

It was a great show all around!

Respected Contributor

My husband and I loved the show and thought Ryan did a great job!

The skit with Beavis and Butthead was soooooooooo funny...LOL!!!

Loved the news with Che and Caitlin Clark.

It was a great show.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

The best and the brightest always break up on the show!  It's a badge of comedic honor to be the giver and the recipient!

Chris Farley was one of the best at making his coworkers break!

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Liked it.  Maybe I'm silly that time of night?  Bevis and Butthead was so funny.  And the alien sketch with Kate is always good for laughs.

@LyndaGee , After reading these posts I went to YouTube to watch the first alien abduction skit. No mattr how many times I watch it ( it has been dozens ), I laugh mt head off. Kate is wonderful and Ryan keeps breaking up, if you haven't see the original do yourself a favor and check it out.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@elruth I like Ryan but did notice what your saying.  I always wonder how comedians can do their skit without breaking out laughing themselves, I know I couldn't.

It used to happen often on the Carol Burnett show.  Harvey Korman would constantly break up with laughter.  Tim Conway and Carol Burnett would also occasionally laugh.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elruth 

I didn't get to watch it.  I fell asleep and forgot to set to record.

Sounds like he may have been under the weather.

However, I've seen my fair share of musical performances live when the songs sounded way worse than on the album.  They do a lot of tweaking voice controls for recordings and movies, especially now.  This is why a lot of singers lip sync concerts more.  Of course, I can't say he was bad because I didn't see it.