Honored Contributor

PBS is showing these re-runs (which I apparently missed all of) from a while back. They're in French with English subtitles. I really like the lead character. Sometimes he looks like Burt Reynolds to me-especially in profile. His name is Philippe Bas. It's really a good show and fast moving. There are many seasons and I don't even know which season they're showing now. Anyone watching?

Trusted Contributor

I found it on Passport on few months ago and watched all the episodes available then.  There are 7 series now; not sure if I have seen the last one.  They have interesting characters and plots, and of course the setting is great.  There are actually a lot of European crime series on Passport which I don't think have been aired on most PBS stations.

Super Contributor

I found them on Passport and am addicted to this series.  There is always something unexpected happening, especially at the end of each episode, which causes me to immediately watch the next episode.  I just started season 7 which is the last one available but I know from research there are 2 more seasons and maybe one filming now. 

Respected Contributor

@Judaline thanks! Gonna have for this one!

Respected Contributor

Tried it for one episode--not for me. 

However, am enjoying Mr. Bates and Jack and Alice on PBS.

Trusted Contributor

I love this program too.  I actually found something called Walter Presents which is a service specializing in foreign language drama and comedy with English subtitles.  I watched the first season of Paris Murders and started watching one called The Wall on this Walter Presents service.  Was watching it for free but all of a sudden it says I have to subscribe to get it. Must have gotten it free for about a week.  I pay so much for cable now that it just ticked me off and I decided I am not going to pay for something else.  

But I really liked The Paris Murders and I think I could get into more of these programs.  I am really mulling it over about subscribing to this service.  Check it out and see what you think.

Super Contributor

I get Walter Presents as part of my membership in PBS Passport.  Check your local PBS station to find out how to join.  With a small contribution to the station you get all the wonderful shows plus the foreign language Walter Presents shows.  I like that I can watch as many episodes a day that I want without having to wait a week.  

Honored Contributor

@JCath wrote:

I get Walter Presents as part of my membership in PBS Passport.  Check your local PBS station to find out how to join.  With a small contribution to the station you get all the wonderful shows plus the foreign language Walter Presents shows.  I like that I can watch as many episodes a day that I want without having to wait a week.  

Sounds good and I would but I don't want to be 'glued to the tube' which is what would happen!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for that info about PBS Passport.  I certainly don't mind making a contribution to PBS.  Did not realize Walter Presents was part of that.  I am definitely looking into that.

Super Contributor

Yes, I've watched the first few seasons of The Paris Murders. Enjoyed the quirky profiler Chloe Saint-Laurent character from the git-go. Nice to hear French being spoken as subtitled productions do not bother me in the least. Astrid is another good one.

Yet another is PBS / Walter Presents series Seaside Hotel in Danish with English sub-titles with Season 10 coming.