Honored Contributor

Re: Remember Donna Mills from Knots Landing??

I can't imagine what female actors go through trying to keep up so they'll get hired.

Unless you're Meryl Strep. She seems to be able to get around that. There are a few of them.

I think if your screen 'thing' is that you are known as sexy, then you have to keep what some think is beautiful.

I've seen many older women who I think are beautiful (smile wrinkles, eye wrinkles and all).

Of course they are going to look good. I think these days we've (myself included) gotten to the point where we say, "She looks good", like we know they had plastic surgery and at least they still look 'normal'.

I'm not dising it, I just think we've just adjusted our ideas, not necessarily a good idea.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for these women like Miss Mills and others.

I don't think there are that many roles for 'older' women.

Trusted Contributor

Loved her as Abbey on ""Knots"" ~ she was beautiful!!

Anyone remember her eye make-up palette & video called ""The Eyes Have It""?

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 Irish1210 said:

Loved her as Abbey on "Knots" ~ she was beautiful!!

Anyone remember her eye make-up palette & video called "The Eyes Have It"?

Supposedly she did her own makeup on Knots. she began her career on the soaps, first on Secret Storm, then Love is a Many Splendored Thing. I recently saw her on Love Boat with John Gavin, what a handsome couple they made.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Shelbelle, I remember hearing she did her own makeup on "Knots" ~ I was a huge fan! Loved that show on Thurs. nights, then "DALLAS" on Friday!!! Those were the good old days of TV..................

Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Irish1210 said:

Yes, Shelbelle, I remember hearing she did her own makeup on "Knots" ~ I was a huge fan! Loved that show on Thurs. nights, then "DALLAS" on Friday!!! Those were the good old days of TV..................

Dynasty on Mon, then it moved to Wed. Falcon Crest on Fri too.

Trusted Contributor

OMG! Yes, that was my TV viewing for the week! Those shows really dictated fashion in those days, too ~ very influential! How fun to think back..................

Esteemed Contributor

I remember she did a how-to video in the 80's about how to apply cosmetics. Always had such beautiful eyes--she was tightlining with eyeliner back then.

Honored Contributor

Ohhhhhhhhh I do remember her and she was a favorite a loooooong time ago.

Honored Contributor

I believe she continued with dancing, and dancers never age, though they can have problems with joints, etc.

Honored Contributor

mousie, I guess that's true about dancers. I always remember my daughter's dance teacher. She owned the studio. It grew huge. I remember that she said a dancer's body always remembers the muscles they got.

I know my daughters danced for 13 years. The oldes daughter, through 6 pregnancies, as soon as she had the babies those muscles were right back. Same thing for the middle daughter, through 4 pregnancies. The youngest one has never been pregnant but the muscles are amazing! The middle daughter never, never works out.

So, I guess there's something to that. I wish I'd have taken ballet or organized dance! Ha!