Trusted Contributor

MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT STARTS AGAIN

So here I am again watching Married at First Sight.  The couples are nice and I like that they showed the ladies meeting together and the guys meeting together.  I think that is comforting to have someone else going through the same experience.  Of course, I am always anxious to see the initial meeting and their reactions but we will have to wait till the next time.  Anyone watching with me?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT STARTS AGAIN

@miata1 I am. I thought the couples seemed to be matched really well. But, I've thought that in prior years ~ LOL I'm anxious for the first meeting as well. The guy that just lost his job is a hunk !  The fireman was a doll to pay $2,300 for the wedding ring and he's never even met her. Sweet.  The African American couple is absolutely darling. I have a good feeling about them making it. We shall see. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I just watched the first episode and the couples do seem nice.  I’m worried though for the guy who is a teacher and his mom doesn’t seem to approve of getting married at first sight. I hope she changes her mind and fully supports them through thick and thin. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This morning I just watched the two episodes with the matchmaking and then the hour of 'getting ready for the wedding'.

Looks like some interesting pairings and they seem like a nice bunch.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, sadly ( lol) I’m watching it again. 

Respected Contributor

I always hate the first couple of shows where the experts are talking constantly about how important it all is...blah, blah, blah.   I like it when it gets to the wedding and after.  I was surprised that they paid for the rings.  I always thought that the show paid for all the stuff like rings and dresses and honeymoon etc. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed when the guys made fun of the Fireman because his future wife has a larger ring size. I actually think that he's the best catch and I would bet money on his relationship surviving out of the remaining two couples.

I've watched this show form the beginning when it first aired in 2014. I am still a fan of Courtney and Jason and respect their wish to remain off of television.  I am not a Jamie fan but do like Doug. When I started watching their new season, I thought she had changed but nope, I still don't care for her at all. She still puts down Doug and has a fair share of digs at him. My opinion but I hope things work out for them expecially since they now have a beautiful baby daughter.

The 90 day fiance show is a total different ballgame. A soap opera like the one that is taking place in The White House. One would hope both are scripted but no, it is actually happening.

Respected Contributor

The fireman is paired with the woman whose boyfriend died a couple of years ago. After going through that loss, I'm wondering if she'll be ok with her husband having a dangerous career. I was surprised  chose that match.

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless wrote:

The fireman is paired with the woman whose boyfriend died a couple of years ago. After going through that loss, I'm wondering if she'll be ok with her husband having a dangerous career. I was surprised  chose that match.

@nomlessHer boyfriend didn't pass from something dangerous though- it was an autoimmune disease. I think they're a really nice match!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep wrote:

@miata1 I am. I thought the couples seemed to be matched really well. But, I've thought that in prior years ~ LOL I'm anxious for the first meeting as well. The guy that just lost his job is a hunk !  The fireman was a doll to pay $2,300 for the wedding ring and he's never even met her. Sweet.  The African American couple is absolutely darling. I have a good feeling about them making it. We shall see. Heart

@pattypeepin the 1st 2 episodes that guy who lost his job mentioned it many times already! I think it's going to be an issue with his success on the show- he doesn't seem to be in a good place emotionally for a serious relationship.