Honored Contributor

Re: MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT STARTS AGAIN

I didn't watch the first episode where they did the match making.  I did watch the second and I will watch from now on. 

We shall see.

@CalMom, I was never a Jaime and Doug fan and I have been watching their show if I happen to catch it.  I don't DVR it and I don't make it a point to watch it.  I too thought maybe she would be better but she's not.  She's still rude, she's still condescending to Doug and she still acts like her opinion is the only one that matters.  But I'm not a big fan of his either.  He just doesn't seem like a go getter as far as employment goes.  

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@nomless wrote:

The fireman is paired with the woman whose boyfriend died a couple of years ago. After going through that loss, I'm wondering if she'll be ok with her husband having a dangerous career. I was surprised  chose that match.

@nomlessHer boyfriend didn't pass from something dangerous though- it was an autoimmune disease. I think they're a really nice match!

Yes, I know it was an autoimmune disease, but it was a significant loss, and she knows the difficulty of recovering from that loss. Maybe she won't mind that her husband has a high risk occupation. It would cause me a lot of anxiety. But that's just me. 

Super Contributor

I couldn’t get through the entire show, had to turn the channel.

I hope the couples make it through the entire eight weeks. JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

@mantaraye I recorded the show and watched this morning (the whole show). The best part of this series is when they see each other for the first time. It looked as though everyone was pleased.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

@pattypeep

I totally agree with you there. I enjoyed the show when it first started, maybe it will be more interesting as the relationships progress.

@pattypeep wrote:

@mantaraye I recorded the show and watched this morning (the whole show). The best part of this series is when they see each other for the first time. It looked as though everyone was pleased.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I didn't watch the first episode where they did the match making.  I did watch the second and I will watch from now on. 

We shall see.

@CalMom, I was never a Jaime and Doug fan and I have been watching their show if I happen to catch it.  I don't DVR it and I don't make it a point to watch it.  I too thought maybe she would be better but she's not.  She's still rude, she's still condescending to Doug and she still acts like her opinion is the only one that matters.  But I'm not a big fan of his either.  He just doesn't seem like a go getter as far as employment goes.  

I agree, Jamie seems to never miss an opportunity to get her digs in at Doug. The episode discussing child care, Jamie said she "HAD" to go back to work, since Doug's new job only paid half of what he had been earning previously. Ouch! They do get paid for this show, so I don't see this as a financial hardship to the couple.

Trusted Contributor

After watching the program, I felt that they all were happy with their new spouses, and it looked like it was going to work out well.  But then I saw the coming attractions and that sent that idea down the river.  We will just have to wait and see.  I thought that the firefighter and his bride would be a success story but now I do not know.  The other guy that married the blonde seemed to be all excited about her looks.  And Jepthe's bride seems to come on strong for him so maybe in time he may not like that.  We will see what happens next week.  

Esteemed Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

After watching the program, I felt that they all were happy with their new spouses, and it looked like it was going to work out well.  But then I saw the coming attractions and that sent that idea down the river.  We will just have to wait and see.  I thought that the firefighter and his bride would be a success story but now I do not know.  The other guy that married the blonde seemed to be all excited about her looks.  And Jepthe's bride seems to come on strong for him so maybe in time he may not like that.  We will see what happens next week.  

@miata1 Yes, the 'coming attractions' always hint at the drama!! We probably wouldn't continue to watch if it was all roses !!!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

We shall see.

I agree, Jamie seems to never miss an opportunity to get her digs in at Doug. The episode discussing child care, Jamie said she "HAD" to go back to work, since Doug's new job only paid half of what he had been earning previously. Ouch! They do get paid for this show, so I don't see this as a financial hardship to the couple.

@sommertime, I don't know how much they make for the show.  I can't imagine it's nearly as much as some other reality stars earn.  Plus, just before losing his job they bought that house which is in NJ, so not a cheap place to leave, and the house looks really nice.  Maybe they shouldn't have bought that house? 

Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

I'm still not through this week's episode but the firefighter comes off a little odd to me.  Right after the wedding he was talking about how his wife was everything he wanted, etc.  He doesn't know her at all.  LOL

Wasn't there a Jacquelyn and Ryan on the show the season before last?  He was the one who was living in his mom's basement?