Trusted Contributor

Jennifer Lopez To Star In Musical

Although this year's live musical broadcast of "Hairspray" hasn't aired yet on NBC (it airs December 7), they've already announced that next year's live musical will be " Bye Bye Birdie."  Jennifer Lopez will play the female leading role of Rosie Alvarez.  Sounds like it will be a good one.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jennifer Lopez To Star In Musical

I don't know how she finds the time to do all the things she does.  TV shows, TV movies, Musicals.  Now that American Idol is finished I guess that freed her up for anything else they throw out at her.  I have seen a lot of movies she has done and she is a darn good actress.  Her recent TV show should be starting soon, I'll have to check for the date.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Jennifer Lopez, Healthy! Mind body soul. Three key ingredients to stamina and longevity in entertainment industry. Perfect recipe for life in general. Its never to late, Small changes make a difference. Congratulations! Jennifer.
Respected Contributor

Yuk.  Maybe she should spend more time with her children. 

Honored Contributor

I guess she's going to have to learn to sing.

Honored Contributor

Miscast.  I love that show, I won't watch her in it. 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I guess she's going to have to learn to sing.

@faeriemoon, and act!   She's also going to have to learn to act.  In fact she's going to have to learn to sing and act at the same time.  Never happen.

Honored Contributor

i really like her......both acting and singing......and dancing!

would have loved to have seen her in vegas, but the only tickets left were $500.

she will be perfect in that role.

thanks for the heads up.....this is actually one of the live shows that i will watch.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

She is like a Kardashian... famous for her looks... can not sing well, can not dance well and can not act well..... Pulls the wool over everyone's eyes.   Just like her to go away.

Honored Contributor

I think she is a lightweight actress. She will probably never win an Academy award, but I have liked her in a few movies. I liked her in Enough, Selena, and Maid in Manhattan, as well as The Wedding Planner. Her singing isn't that great, I definitely prefer her acting over her singing.......One thing is for sure, she is a very hard worker, and very ambitious!