Honored Contributor

Looking forward to this show.  Loved her on Mike and Molly.  The show looks cute and funny.

Honored Contributor

I loved her when she played Victoria, so I really looked forward to this show. I thought it was ok, and though I was a little disappointed, I 'll watch it a few more times and see if I like it better. To tell you the truth I miss all of the characters on Mike and Molly.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I loved her when she played Victoria, so I really looked forward to this show. I thought it was ok, and though I was a little disappointed, I 'll watch it a few more times and see if I like it better. To tell you the truth I miss all of the characters on Mike and Molly.

I miss them too.  Maybe some will visit.  I did enjoy the show though.  Usually a show is on for a few seasons before I watch lol.

Respected Contributor

After about 10 minutes of the show, I could barely watch anymore.  I don't like that they are hung up on "fat women" - ir's very negative.  Also, she made a "rope" (I had to change the word) comment in those first few minutes.  I doubt I'll watch it again.  Disappointed.

Occasional Contributor

I loved it! Found it to be quite funny. She's a good actress, loved her as Victoria.

Respected Contributor

I was looking forward to this since there are not a lot of good comedies on but this kind of let me down.   At first the fat thing was funny but it went on too long. I will definitely give it a few more watches because I did like the characters.

Honored Contributor

Re: American Housewife

[ Edited ]

I will watch this again as long as being fat isn't the topic.  Once is enough (more than enough).  It's not ok to get a kick out of making fun of heavy people.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I will watch this again as long as being fat isn't the topic.  Once is enough (more than enough).  It's not ok to get a kick out of making fun of heavy people.

Yeah, I thought that was awful. A person you literally call "Fat Pam" and being obsessed with getting a neighbor who weighs more than you so that you won't be the fattest mom in the neighborhood?

And at the same time, she was talking about the fit moms and how awful they all were for drinking their green drinks and being fit.

So, you should be ashamed if you're fat and you're awful if you're 'a skinny'? She decided she was okay with being overweight at the end, but that was also just so easy, right? Someone is SO obsessed with not being the fat mom that she sabotages thin people trying to buy a house to get a fat neighbor, then suddenly decides she's fine with who she is 10 minutes later just isn't something I buy.

I liked some aspects of the show, especially dealing with the daughter with OCD, but that that whole fat/skinny thing was just awful. I love the actors involved, but I don't think this is the show for me. I'll give it another week, but if that continues to be the theme, I'm done.

Honored Contributor

I like the lead actress a lot.  She was on a favorite cable show I used to watch (forget the name, too lazy to look it up).  

I probably won't watch it regularly because I can't keep up with the one's I really watch to watch, so it will take a back seat.

My friend and I talk about the fact that with society being so 'politically correct' on everything it's still obvious fat shaming seems to still be acceptable.  You see it in a lot of shows.  Think about it, no one would dare make fun of someone who had an arm missing or any other visible problem, but I guess being fat....well it's OK to make fun of them....

Honored Contributor

Who is the leading sctress you all keep referring too, I have no clue.